Franconia, NH and Cannon Mt. have deep meaning for our daughter and now son-in-law so they wanted a Franconia wedding to allow friends and family the chance to experience the beauty of this neck of the White Mts. For the Church ceremony, mountain top service and reception at the Cannon Mt. Ski Lodge, The Franconia Inn was the perfect hub for all of our wedding week activities.
The Inn is just a few miles from downtown Franconia and is set on scenic grounds with views of Cannon Mt. and Mt. Lafayette. There is a large front porch perfect for rocking while taking in the Mt. views or watching the planes across the street from the Inn which offers glider rides. (The small engine aircraft were not a noise issue for us at all.)
There are tennis courts, volleyball, hiking trails (xcountry in the winter), pool, hot tub and a horse stable offering trail rides to name a few of the recreation options. The grounds are beautiful and we loved the short hike to the small river that winds it's way behind the Inn.
The Inn has 30+ bedrooms of all different sizes and styles which were able to accommodate the varied needs of all our family and friends. My wife and I stayed the "Inn Suite" which had a small kitchen, whirpool, large sitting area and a rear deck overlooking hills and the horse corral. This suite was very roomy and allowed plenty of room for relaxing and for active grand-kids! Another huge plus was the cottage on the Inn's grounds which had a second floor loft with a bedroom and a large living room/kitchen area that our daughter and her bridesmaids used for prep-events on the morning of the wedding. My mother-in-law stayed in the Inn's handicapped accessible room on the first floor and, since she uses a walker, we were pleased that the Inn was generally navigable for her. There is a fireplace with a cozy sitting area and library off of the lobby which was just a short walk from her room. While the restaurant is on the first floor, the Inn Pub is on the lower level and, since there isn't an elevator, we also brought a travel wheelchair to transport her outside and around to the pub entrance. Luckily we had enough family present to help with that as she would not have been able to get down there on her own.
Speaking of the restaurant, the food at the Inn is absolutely fabulous. Breakfast and dinner are served and the selection was always very varied and delicious with specials offered each day. The Inn staff also were able to provide a catered lunch during our photo session and appetizers for gatherings we had after the rehearsal dinner/wedding reception. The pub level has a very cozy, dark wood atmosphere with a large wood-burning fireplace, bar service (you can order dinner down here), dart board, large screen TV room off the lounge section, video arcade, ping pong and foos ball table. It was a great spot for meeting new folks and re-connecting with old friends.
By far the most wonderful aspect of the Franconia Inn is it's staff. From Diana who help us coordinate most of the reservations and who for months graciously handled all sorts of questions and requests, to Donna who also helped with food plans, to Lisa and Finn in the Dining room, to Belinda in the pub (who is the kindest, most accommodating pub boss I've ever met), to the housekeepers, servers, desk staff, etc., we experienced the best in mountain hospitality. We truly don't think there could be a better staff top to bottom in the Inn business.
We can't wait to return to Franconia for a visit without a schedule to keep and when we do, we will definitely stay at the Franconia Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lovely 3-story white clapboard, colonial-style Country Inn features 29 beautifully appointed, cozy guest rooms, 3 luxury suites, a living room, library, 2 dining rooms, a Rathskeller Lounge, and 2 spacious verandas. And Oh what a view! Feast your eyes on the White Mountain landscape in all of its resplendent beauty! The Franconia Inn has much to offer guests visiting the White Mountains. Whether you are seeking the enriching experience of hiking high on mountain peaks, to thrilling kayak adventures, skiing, scenic bike trails, horseback riding or memorable trips to popular attractions such as Clark's Trading Post, The Cog Railroad and more. You and your family will return home with memories to cherish for a lifetime. Each season has unique possibilities - many from right out our front door. At the end of the day The Inn beckons with relaxed, gourmet dining, an outdoor hot tub, movies, game room, or a nightcap in the Lounge. Whether your interests are antiquing in the area, scenic drives, active sports, family attractions or just sitting by the pool with a good book, we strive to help you make the most of your precious leisure time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Franconia Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franconia Hotel Franconia
- Franconia Inn NH - White Mountains