Franconia Inn
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge(Franconia)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
Thayers Inn(Littleton)(Great Value!)
US$ 194
US$ 119
Orbitz.com
Country Squire Motel(Littleton)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
Travelocity
US$ 217
US$ 191
Travelocity
All reviewshorseback ridingtennis courtsdining roomthe pubcross country skiingice skatingnew englanddownhill skiingmovie roomhot tubbreakfast planlarge screen tvfamily suitefront porchcannon mountainother guestswhite mountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Arrived by chance - staff couldn't have been nicer and found us a room straight away. Great facilities (clay tennis courts, pool, bikes) and very good restaurant. Definitely worth a night if you're in the White Mountains.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Bodgo13
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The rustic inn was just right for our trip to the Franconia Notch. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The dining room was lovely; breakfast was excellent and dinner was good. The staff was most helpful and attentive. The immediate surroundings of the inn could be landscaped in a more attractive manner, but there is a lot to do on the property--swimming, horseback riding, etc.

5  Thank Susanj453
Reviewed 14 August 2011

you love the outdoors, amazing food, and very helpful and cheerful service (hiking, horseback riding, beautiful views of mountains and flowing rivers). This is exactly what my family and I love when we vacation. Extremely reasonably priced! We got the dinners and breakfasts included and were truly amazed at the quality of the meals. The food is absolutely delicious. So tasty, flavorful and a great selection. We thought that for the price we paid we would just get a small selection to choose from...NOT the case at all. There is plenty to do here, including StoryLand, Clarke's Trading Post and the Polar Caves, as well as the pool and jacuzzi on site for kids. We had our 3 year old with us and it's a great place for pure and simple fun. There's also a runway for small planes directly across the street which is amazing if you can fly in. No cabs to take, just a one minute walk across the street. We can't wait to return again and have more family fun.

Room Tip: It is an absolutely beautiful and rustic inn. No TVs or room service. Plain and simple, and EXCELLENT food.
4  Thank t h
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed at the Franconia Inn for three nights in early August 2011. Before deciding to stay in the room, I did my typical bed bug check and found no evidence of bed bugs. I felt confident that the room was clean and bed bug free. The second afternoon we were there I found two small blood streaks on the sheets at the foot of the bed. I was concerned, but tried to stay rational and thought the blood was from a small scab on my ankle I got the day before. The next morning we woke up very early to go on a run and I immediately found more blood streaks at the foot of the bed. There were also two brown specks which upon picking up and squishing were filled with blood. I then checked around the bed skirt and found a bigger bug crawling around. (I tried to capture this bug, but it fell off the ledge of the glass I tried to scoop it up in and fell onto the carpet...) I am not entomologist, but I have educated myself about bed bugs because I travel frequently and do not want to pick them up in my travels. Everything I've read, the images I've seen, and the experiences I heard from other people match what I saw in my room at the Franconia Inn. (Staying in an environment with bed bugs (or bugs of any kind) is my worst nightmare and I would never make up this situation up as I understand how damaging a bed bug problem can be to a hotel.) We alerted the front desk as soon as it opened (8:30am is a bit late for a front desk to open!) and they took the situation seriously--they vacuumed, purchased all new bedding, and sprayed the room, but ultimately we decided to sleep elsewhere. There lack of knowledge about what appeared to be a very clear cut bed bug situation did not make me feel safe. (In my opinion if you're in the hotel industry you should be up to date on the bed bug epidemic in the US and how to handle this type of situation.) They never did use the words bed bug with us, but as far as I'm concerned that is what was in our room. We took all precautions with our luggage, clothes, etc. and treated the situation as such. Below is a more traditional review of the hotel:

+ beautiful scenery, numerous outdoor and indoor activities, friendly restaurant and bar staff, acceptable food

- small rooms and bathrooms, dated furniture and bedding, lack of hot water, too many kids running around (esp. in hot tub), confusing billing system

7  Thank PetiteLinds
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We have stayed here with our family and my brother's family on several occasions. we find the Inn to be utterly charming and cozy in every respect. It was what New Hampshire is all about. The people are wonderful and the food that comes out of the kitchen is fantastic. It is a very warm atmosphere. We will certainly return.

3  Thank Peter M