“Great food and friendly staff, Comfortable rooms.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Franconia
Cannon Mountain View Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
Bartlett, New Hampshire
“Great food and friendly staff, Comfortable rooms.”
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The room was spacious, clean and bed was comfortable. Decor is a little dated but rooms are kept clean and tidy. The food was fantastic. I had 5 meals over the weekend and I was delighted with each choice. I will definitely return for more samplings of a fantastic menu. The restaurant and bar staff are friendly and welcoming. There's a family style atmosphere and seems to be a favorite for locals which is a good sign for any establishment.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank trvlgrl137
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 October 2010

My husband and I spent 4 days at the Cannon Mountain View last week, (October 13th-16th). We were in New Hampshire visiting a retired priest who lives in Jefferson. We both had a wonderful time with every one we met. Our rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. We also ate at the restaurant they have and there food was delicious. Even the chief came out to talk to us! If we are ever in this area again,it is good to know we have a place to come back to. I would also like to thank the owners, who made us feel as if we were part of there family.I would suggest the Cannon Mountain View Motel to anyone who has the pleasure of coming through beautiful Franconia. Thank you all again for making our visit to the North a wonderful experience.
Mr & Mrs Eric & Gail Cambio

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 October 2010

after waiting 30 minuires to even be acknowlaged by a waitress ( there were 4 on duty, including the owners daughter) i was charged $6.50 for a glass of flat soda with no ice ( they were out of ice) that they tried to pass off as a captain and coke. we ordered chicken wings and about half way through my wings i discovered a bunch of dark curly hairs on my plate and stuck to my wings, i tried to talk to our waitress and she ignored me and walked away. i confronted the owner (ray (--)) who was working at the time and obviously drunk, and all he had to say was he used to be a chicken farmer and chickens have hair. then proceded to get very rude, get in my face and act like he was put out by me for coming to him with this problem. he told me next time go somewhere else because he spends more on the wings then he sells them for. i paid our tab and was walking to my car when ray followed me outside and proceded to tell me how the man with him was a manager at applebees and there is hair on all chicken wings. Ray was very disrespectful and rude throughout all of this. i would rather die of starvation than set foot in the CMV for food ever again. horrible service, people and attitude. 0 stars 2 thumbs down.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank hotwings2929

Travellers are raving about these Franconia hotels

Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Having done a great hike on the fantastic Franconia Ridge trail, I needed a place to stay for the night, and figured Franconia might be a good place to stop. As it turns out, Franconia does not have much going for it. The Cannon Mt motel looked like a cheap and decent place to stay for one night so I decided to give it a shot. Well, it looks cheap alright. The rooms are pretty dark and dingy, poorly ventilated, musty-smelling, albeit reasonably clean. The advertised WiFI was not available. This would be fine for a $45/night motel, but at $95/night this place is a rip-off.The restaurant looked pretty good, but it was crowded, and I couldn't get a table outside so I went elsewhere. I recommend staying in Lincoln or Woodstock south of the Notch instead.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank dokness
Colebrook, Nh
Reviewed 25 September 2009

My wife and I were wanted to visit the attractions in Franconia Notch State Park and we wanted a motel with the most convenient location. We could not have found a better location than this motel. It is right next to the Interstate and also on the Main Street of Franconia. Even better, the owners live in a large house which also contains an excellent full scale restaurant and a tavern. Their place is right next to the motel so it's not necessary to travel anywhere for a meal or a drink -- it's all right there.

The owners, Ray and Yvonne, are very nice and immediately make you feel comfortable. They obviously work very hard since they have three separate businesses to manage.

I must mention this one incident: Ray saw me drinking a beer in the tavern and he suggested that I try a certain one (there are about six interesting beers on tap). The next night he saw me drinking a beer (in a glass) and said: "I told you you'd like that." I asked him how could he know what I was drinking? He said " ... by the appearance." Anyone who can do that gets a high recommendation.

The rooms are large with two double beds and are absolutely clean. There is also a mid-week two night special which is an incredible deal.

In summary, if you're looking for a great location, convenience and value, you cannot do better than this motel.

Sam
Colebrook, NH

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Franconia
1.3 km away
3.2 km away
Franconia Inn
Franconia Inn
#2 of 5 in Franconia

Been to Cannon Mountain View Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK