“Great food, service and atmoshere!”
Review of Orchard Street Chop Shop - CLOSED

Orchard Street Chop Shop
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Central Ave.
Transit: Within a few hundred yards.
Description: We are the first true prime steakhouse in the state of NH featuring dry-aged steaks and Wine Spectator award winning wine list. Opened in 2004 by acclaimed CIA chef, Chris "Koz" Kozlowski, the restaurant garnered the prestigious "Hidden Jewel" award from the Phantom Gourmet in 2013. Chef Koz is the only chef to receive this award twice in the state of NH. The restaurant is located in an old firehouse building located right downtown Dover. The downstairs is more elegant with white tablecloths and chandeliers. The upstairs is called the Top of the Chop and features a more casual atmosphere with a lighter "Rustic Menu". In the warmer months, you can have dinner outside on the Terrace, our outdoor deck. We also have a full kids menu.
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Koz (the owner) was nice and socializing even thought it was a busy night. He made sure "everything was ok and if there was anything else we needed".
The bartenders and servers were quick, courteous and engaging. The food (I had the "cowboy steak") was one of the best steaks I've ever had!

1  Thank lyndescc

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner. Our table ordered fillet x2 and lobster and crab stew. The server was excellent! The stew was good, except it didn't taste like seafood. It tasted like pumpkin. There was no visual evidence that would suggest this stew was seafood. Not sure if the plates were confused and someone else's food was delivered to us, so needless to say, we were baffled.
Now on to the main course. I'll excuse the fact one plate was over cooked and one was served virtually raw. What I won't excuse, the beef tasted literally like the beef was rolled in cow dung. I thought it was just me that thought it until a family member stated the steak tasted like cow dung smelled. Nobody could possibly convince me this meat was edible.
On a positive note. The squash and twice baked baked potato were amazing. Also, the atmosphere was amazing. It was clean and well kept and the staff appeared to take pride with their work.
So, because of that, not sure if this was a rare occurrence or not. But with lobster and crab stew that tasted like pumpkin and horrible beef at a place that pretty much all they serve is beef, I'm pretty sure none of us will be a repeat customer.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

My husband and I have been 2 times. Once just the 2 of us; once with a group of 6. Both times we at upstairs (slightly more casual). We have really enjoyed both meals. Service, food, and drink were all better than average. We look forward to being 'regulars'.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Made reservations through Open Table,so no wait at all, we were greeted well at arrival,the restaurant is lovely, nice music playing softly in the background, the table setting was properly done, the wine list was interesting. I enjoyed a glass of "The Path" a California chardonnay. My appetizer was Calamari fra Diavlo, which was an incredible explosion of flavor with every bite, very rich but not overly spicy. I had the swordfish which was done to perfection and literally melted in my mouth. Fabulous!
My husband had the oysters and loved them,his entree was the enticing Coquille St. Jacques, so delicious he could barely bring himself to let me taste- we usually share a little taste to see who "won" at choosing the best meal. This time we were both winners! We had our desserts packed "to go" flourless chocolate cake for him, carrot cake for me. This was a wonderful dining experience. Our waitress was polite, friendly and skilled at her job The only flaw in the entire night was that either the service or the kitchen was too slow, there was a long wait between the wine arrival to the appetizers, then appetizer to entree, we waited forever for the "to go" desserts to arrive back to the table. We were not in a rush, so it wasn't terrible, the poor timing seemed out of character at such a top notch place. We enjoyed our fantastic desserts under the stars later that night and we are still arguing about who "won"! We will be back.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Amazing 35 day dry aged rib eye, attentive wait staff, my wife's short ribs and russoto was "to die for ". Awesome bar upstairs incredible selection of bourbon! We drove 25 miles for steak and were not dis appointed, and we'll do it again when we are back in Maine!!!