“The most outstanding food in New Hampshire”
Review of Orchard Street Chop Shop - CLOSED

Orchard Street Chop Shop
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Central Ave.
Transit: Within a few hundred yards.
Description: We are the first true prime steakhouse in the state of NH featuring dry-aged steaks and Wine Spectator award winning wine list. Opened in 2004 by acclaimed CIA chef, Chris "Koz" Kozlowski, the restaurant garnered the prestigious "Hidden Jewel" award from the Phantom Gourmet in 2013. Chef Koz is the only chef to receive this award twice in the state of NH. The restaurant is located in an old firehouse building located right downtown Dover. The downstairs is more elegant with white tablecloths and chandeliers. The upstairs is called the Top of the Chop and features a more casual atmosphere with a lighter "Rustic Menu". In the warmer months, you can have dinner outside on the Terrace, our outdoor deck. We also have a full kids menu.
Reviewed 14 August 2016

When it comes to outstanding food, hospitality and service there is no place like the Orchard street Chop Shop. I have dined on quite a few entrees and steaks on thier menu and each dish is better than the next. The hospitality is wonderful. The owner is on-site 99% of the time and is out there meeting and greeting his patrons. The servers at the bar and the wait staff are friendly and always have a smile. There is never a long wait for service nor a long wait for your delicious meal to arrive. I highly recommend the Orchard Street Chop Shop for a great dinning experience.

Dominick V.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Looking for a steak place. Found it and more. Delicious dill butter for the breads. Sizeable fresh cut salads. Tasty triple onion soup. Main course, NY strip cooked as ordered perfect medium rare. Topped with their amazing crab and asparagus bearnaise sauce. All sides were to perfection. Finished with a hot cup of coffee and creamy creme brulee perfection.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

My family from out of town were in the mood for steak. I remembered the Orchard Street Chop Shop and after an easy reservation process we went for an early dinner. I hadn't been there for years but remembered it being good. My memory was off a little because I found it to be great. We all had the French onion soup and found it to be excellent. A couple of us got salads which they found to be well above par. I had the braised boar belly for my main course on a recommendation from the extremely attentive and pleasant waitress and loved it. Those ordering the steak exclaimed it was better than those found at a better Montreal stake house they recently went to. One of us had the fish special and is now a big fan of Atlantic Char. After dinner the coffee and deserts capped of the meal in a perfect way. The chef/owner even was nice enough to take a family photo of us. I hadn't been there for years but I won't make that mistake again. I'm sure I'll go back soon.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 11 August 2016

They say you get what you pay for, unless you get "rooked." In the case of this restaurant you definitely get your money's worth. The food is fantastic, the service impeccable, I do not think that there are any comparable restaurants to this unless you go to Boston. 'Nuff said?

1  Thank T1063YYdavidk
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

The food was good. The drinks were good. We sat at the bar. Bartender was a lot of fun. Husband was ready for steak and the restaurant delivered. Definitely go

1  Thank CatherineCardin