“Usually much better service”

Fairfield Inn Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
New Jersey
“Usually much better service”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here for a few days around Thanksgiving. We've stayed here quite a few times before when visiting family in NH. This time the stay wasn't as pleasant. I am all for staff getting the holidays off but letting your whole entire team of housekeepers off for Thanksgiving doesn't make sense to me. Had to send out a search party for towels! Not sure I will stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Parelius, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
I wanted to apologize to you for the inconveniences you had with us.

We make promises to our guest that we like to uphold and I'm sorry we did not do that.

Patricia Parelius
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on New Years Eve. We got take out and ate in our room which was clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly. We were welcome to have alcoholic beverages with us in the pool/jacuzzi and we're given private access to the jacuzzi after close until 1 am. Had a great night!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stay at the Fairfield Inn Concord quite often and they never fail to disappoint. The front desk staff if always professional and accommodating. The baked cookies are a great added touch each evening and the breakfest is plentiful each morning. Thanks to a great inn I always look forward to my stay in Concord. Also the Common Man Restraunt is a must and just a stones throw from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
boston,ma
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We are having a great stay here at the Fairfield. It has a great location, right off the highway and everything you need (restaurants, stores) are close by. The staff is amazing and they couldn't be more friendly and helpful. The room is clean & comfortable. The bed has a nice mattress so i'm sleeping great. They have a huge included breakfast - not just continental but w/ breakfast biscuits, eggs & make your own waffles along with cereal, fruit, juice & oatmeal.
There's also a clean pool and jacuzzi (that's open until 11 at night).
My husband is here for work, I came up to visit him and don't wanna go home!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zoe51899
Rockville, MD
Reviewed 25 October 2011

True, the people at the desk are truly helpful, the wifi is free, the cookies in the lobby are delicious, and the breakfast has extensive choices, but I when I stay at a Marriott, I expect a spic-and-span clean room. I should have moved to another hotel immediately when the toilet lid was up and evidence of an unsuccessful flush remained in the toilet bowl. And then I found a clump of black hair in the sink. I was moved to another room, but this one on the highway side of the building, and the traffic is loud all night long, and I'm not typically a light sleeper. I actually thought the window was open, the traffice noise was so loud. There is a dirty, roughly ten inch cobweb in my current room on the ceiling. When I went to the ice machine this morning, there was a filthy pair of jeans in the corner on a box. Disgusting right next to the ice machine. The lobby is lovely, but the rooms need serious updating. There is another Marriott not far from here. I'll try there next time. Someone compared this to a Best Western. I'd say more like a Motel 6.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway side of the building.