“Lunch after shopping”

Weathervane Seafood Restaurants
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped for seafood lunch after shopping. It's just a couple of miles from Target. We had the appetizer platter and a cup of fish chowder, main meal I had the parmesan scallops and my husband had the broiled trio. It was fresh and cooked to perfection. Friendly staff. Clean restaurant. Would return.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I stopped into the Weathervane's Chichester location to satisfy my seafood craving. The bar area was the perfect area for me as Alicia escorted me to a table and provided the menu as well as the daily specials. Allision was working bartending as well as servicing customers. Each was extremely friendly, knowledgable and attentive. I started out with the appetizer portion of fried mushrooms along with ranch dressing. Allision delivered a nice warm wheat roll and took my order. The fried whole clams, scallops and onion rings sounded perfect. The mushrooms and ranch dressing were quickly brought to the table and were very tasty. The main meal arrived as I was finishing with the mushrooms. The meal was excellent. The Weathervane has numerous happy hours beverages and specials. I went with the old standby of a Michelob Ultra in a bottle. I really enjoyed the dining experience and am looking forward to returning soon.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The Weathevane is the reason that Red Lobster is no longer in business in NH. Why go national chain when you can get really good seafood that tastes fresher and is less expensive. I love the lobster rolls and onion rings here but on my last visit, they had a special called "Lazy Larry", which was a baked lobster in a dish. Wonderful. Beers come in 16 and 22oz sizes and they always have good drink specials. On this Friday night Margarita's were just $5. In the past I've also enjoyed their deep fried shrimp baskets. Really I don't think you could go wrong with whatever you order.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Stopped here for lunch on our way to Mtns. It's a little off beaten path but if you get off on 393 East and go to end then follow Rt 202/4 you run right into it. Always good seafood. We always order and love the Onion Nugget appetizer dipped in Seafood Cocktail sauce. My wife had Haddock Nuggets and I had Fish and Chips (both the smaller portion) . Plenty of food and good portions of fish not the usual small portion of fish and a load of fries. Quick, efficient service. Clean restaurant and dining area.,

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018

For years we ate regularly at the Bedford NH location till they closed up shop. My favorite meal was always the premium half and half fried dinner with fantail shrimp and sea scallops served with drawn butter. Yum! My husband and I decided it was time for a road trip to the Chichester location. We both ordered the above mentioned meal and our daughter accompanied us and ordered the Grilled Salmon sandwich. I was just about drooling in anticipation as it had been too long since having my favorite. Of course the waitress came out with the squeeze bottles of tarter and cocktail sauces and I had to remind her of our request for drawn butter. She returned with a little dipping bowl for each of us but it was not butter! It was some kind of butter flavored broth.Yuck! All this lovely seafood and this awful sauce. I would have been willing to pay an up charge for the real deal. It actually spoiled the meal for me. I could have done with 1/2 the fries and real butter and left happy. My husband while not as disappointed as me, agreed it just wasn't the same. My daughter said while her sandwich was Ok she would not order again as she did not care for the sauce. The cold slaw was better tasting then the one they used to have in Bedford.
Bottom line is: it's the small details that make the difference between a good and a great dining experience.I won't write off the Weathervane yet but next time I'll try the Nashua location instead.

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to Weathervane Seafood Restaurants? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK