“Exciting and Relaxing all rolled up in one vacation”

Morningside Flight Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Hang gliding and paragliding are taught at this flight park in the New Hampshire mountains.
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I took two of my friends and my family, including two young kids and a dog here for a hang gliding experience. What we got was an unforgettable vacation! The staff was so friendly and laid back. Our children and the dog were made to feel so welcome. Everyone enjoyed their flight experience. We camped there and had an amazing time(although beware-the campground is a super steep climb to the top of the hill where the paragliding lessons are), but what amazing views from your tent! The next day we all had a laser tag session in the woods-my two boys couldn't have been any happier. They kept chanting fun, fun, fun,fun. While we were playing, the office staff offered to keep an eye on my black lab-who had the time of her life playing with their dogs and jumping in the pond-she even found a dog bone at the campsite! We will definitely return for zip lining and plan on staying 2 nights so we have more time to just hang out.

2  Thank darcya33764

Reviewed 2 June 2013

This place is phenomenal! The offer tandem hang gliding rides with an experienced instructor, parachute rides, or a trip in their ultra light aircraft. Morningside also has a giant zip-line running through the forest down the back side of their mountain. Morningside flight park also sports some of the best camping around; they have running water but are located far enough from the city that the stars are very visible. I would definitely go here again

3  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I've travelled to Morningside several times over the last two years, last time in August 2011. I am an H2 hang gliding pilot and my girlfriend is a beginner paragliding student. She actually started paragliding on this trip and within two half days of training (weather was variable so we only got half of each day) she was able to launch land and had a few flights powered by scooter tow. She was thrilled about it and she can't wait to go back. Her istructor was Heath, very knowledgeable and patient HG and PG instructor, I think that his personality helped her a lot develop a taste for PG. As far as I'm concerned Morningside flight park is unique in the North East in that its stepwise geography allows for gradual progress in flight length and altitude. It is the best place to polish on turning and landing skills under close observation of adept trainers. I plan to return there next month for a landing clinic.
Additional info:
Positive:
- They use ATV to shuttle HGers, PGers and their pilots up to the launch site so you don't have to break down and set up your glider each time you fly or cary it up the hill.
Negative:
- A little hard to find for the first timer so print out your directions or set up your GPS
- ATV shuttle can get expensive if you fly a lot but well worth it

2  Thank Razvan_D
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The staff was very knowledgable and safety consious. We showed up in the morning for two tandem flights and had a great time. After being towed to altitude we stayed aloft for almost 30 minutes. At one point we followed some birds soaring and we too went up with them. Once in a lifetime experience.

2  Thank Dancanfly