Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Omni Mount Washington Resort(Bretton Woods)
View Hotel
Four Seasons Motor Inn(Twin Mountain)
Carlson's Lodge(Twin Mountain)
View Hotel
Seven Dwarfs Motel(Twin Mountain)
View Hotel
Profile Deluxe Motel(Twin Mountain)
Inn At Bowman(Randolph)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main hotelbig hotelmount washington resortshuttle servicebig houseski areadining experiencethe main dining roomhorseback ridingwinter wonderlandnew englandresort feecog railwaysleigh ridewonderful staygolf courseget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We actually stayed at the Mt Washington Resort but had dinner our first evening at the Bretton Arms. This review is for the restaurant at the Inn. The Main Dining room at the resort was closed for the evening for an event yet the Bretton Arms was almost empty. Yet it had taken me 3 days to get a reservation for 6 people. Apparently the main hotel has to defer to the maitre d' for booking reservations. it was an unnecessary irritation. The meal cost us $500+, with entrees ranging from $31 to $45. My dry $37 filet and potatoes were far below average and memorable for that reason.

But of note was the Maitre d'. We ordered a round of drinks that came to us half full. After commenting on them to our waiter, he indicated he would top them off. That was absolutely the right thing to do, and I hope he wasn't chastised for it.

The Maitre d' came out to our table , and instead of welcoming us which we assumed, he actually yelled at us saying they were full drinks- as if we had never ordered one before. He then made a snide comment about wanting us "to get home safe." He was loud, aggressive, hostile, rude and, as we knew and it turned out, absolutely wrong(the next night at the main dining room our drinks were actually full-he might want to check that out)

My daughter spoke with him privately and told him he was totally unprofessional, wrong and insulting, and he owed our table an apology. He agreed but never showed his face again. In all our collective years of dining out none of us have ever experienced that kind of treatment.

As my first exposure to the Mt Washington Resort with a party of 6 people for the weekend I have to say that I was pretty scared it was going to be a nightmare. I was prepared to just get in the car and leave. As it turned out the Maitre'd at the Bretton Arms and his restaurant were the only negatives, thank goodness.

The rest of our stay at the main hotel was an absolute delight. The food in the main dining room was superb, Stickneys was excellent at lunch, the continental breakfast was very good, the staff outstanding, and our rooms immaculate and lovely.

Someone needs to look into this. I can not believe we are the only ones who have experienced this unacceptable behavior. He is costing the Resort money. I will go back to the Mt. Washington Resort , but I will never step foot in the Bretton Arms again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travelonward2013
OmniManager_1, Manager at Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Dining Room at the Omni Bretton Arms Inn. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and apologize for the reservation delays and the service issues. We take guest service very seriously throughout the resort, and will use your feedback to target discussions with the manager of the Bretton Arms Dining Room. We look forward to the opportunity to meet all of your expectations on a future visit the Omni Mount Washington Resort.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Having needed a vacation, my wife and I have heard alot of great things about the Resort. Once our car was valeted and we entered the resort we were overwelmed with the polite staff and overall appearance of the hotel. You can either be more active with hiking, biking or golfing or simply relax in the outdoor heated pool, sit by the firepit or just relax with your significant other playing scrabble on the deck admiring magnificent views of Mt . Washington. I definately recomennd the resort for couples and famlies alike. Even with the three weddings that took place over the weekend, we never felt like we not being taken care of. Great job Omni Mt. Washington staff. I look forward to revisiting the resort next year.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank SparkyNico
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This property is a stones throw away from the main resort and offers complimentary shuttle service to the resort which is greatly appreciated. Everything that you want to do will be located at the main resort. The inn is old and it definitely shows. The rooms are an okay size and the beds aren't that comfortable. If you join the Omni Select Guest program you can choose a complimentary beverage every morning which is definitely a nice touch.

Free wi-fi and a newspaper delivered to your room makes for a great deal but not really because this inn is wildly overpriced. I will not state how much we paid for our stay but I can assure the property is not worth that price tag. Eating the Inn Dining Room is a nice alternative to the stiff rules that exist in the Dining Room at the main resort and the food is just as tasty. The service is impeccable and the inn is definitely clean. I think it just needs a slight renovation and upgrading off all beds for it to be at its best. Even though I enjoyed my stay I know I will not be staying here again unless I can secure and amazing deal.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank asiae2013
OmniManager_1, Manager at Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the Omni Bretton Arms Inn. We are pleased that we met most of your expectations, especially regarding the Select Guest program and the Dining Room at the Arms, and we appreciate your feedback regarding pricing. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Bretton Woods, whether it is at the Omni Bretton Arms or perhaps the Omni Mount Washington Hotel.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

My mother and I spent a weekend at the Bretton Arms and had an amazing time. We got off to a bumpy start. I had requested and early check in, but our room was not available until after the official check in time. We were told it would take 20 minutes, so we sat around waiting and ended up waiting for over an hour. Had we been told it would have taken that long, we would have had no problem taking a walk and exploring...
Our room was OK. I understand that it's a historic hotel, but it still needs updating. The TV was small and very old. There was a huge stain on the carpet and paint was peeling. BUT, it was clean and comfortable.
We ate at the dining room at the Inn and at the main hotel. Both experiences were great! We also got manicures at the Spa which were amazing!
The views from the deck of the hotel are gorgeous and we spent many hours just relaxing and taking it all in. It's this experience that made our weekend well worth the money!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JTRose
OmniManager_1, Manager at Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Thank you for staying with us at the Omni Bretton Arms Inn - we are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations. We apologize for the wait during your check-in, but glad that your dinners and trip to The Spa were so enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni Bretton Arms in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

We've stayed at many types of properties around the world, but the experience here just left us appalled. It is a beautiful property but it's not worth putting up with the lack of training, caring, respect that the staff displayed at every opportunity. There was one point when I asked the bartender what the gentleman was drinking two people down from us and he just said, "I don't know" that I realized what a huge mistake we had made staying here. We had numerous other encounters with staff that were similar of worse--and it wasn't like we were making any unusual requests, just really basic stuff. It was the low point on what otherwise was a fabulous New England fall trip. The staff was rude, surly and disinterested at best. This resort is the only game in town, so they strip you of your money, treat you rudely and then make you beg to be seated and served poor to mediocre overpriced food. You would expect better from Omni but guess they are raking it in and don't care about repeat business or word of mouth. Most of the issues could be remedied with proper training of staff but didn't get the impression that Omni cares enough to do a better job. Believe me, you are better off spending your hard-earned money somewhere else and maybe just coming on the property for a drink overlooking the mountains. We got so fed up, we actually brought our own bottle of wine, cheese and crackers down to the fire pit where other folks were doing the same--no wait, no surly staff, no astronomical prices. By the way, they add on a $20 daily fee to your room rate for stuff like free parking (it was a hike) and free coffee in a.m. in the lobby (empty and not refilled at 9 a.m.). Oh yes, they do have bottle of water in your room for a nominal charge of $6 each! Do not stay here! You have been warned.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FLFAM
OmniManager_1, Manager at Omni Bretton Arms Inn at Mount Washington Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay at the Omni Bretton Arms Inn. We are very disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We can assure you that it is the goal of all Omni Hotels & Resorts properties to continuously improve our levels of service and the guest's experience, and we will use your detailed feedback to target the issues you encountered. We do not believe that what you experienced is normal for the Bretton Arms, or anywhere on the Omni Mount Washington Resort, and we hope you will consider giving us the privilege of a return visit in the future, during which we hope to meet or exceed your expectations.