Unpretentious is my first thought on this wonderful place of refuge.
Rather than go on and on about things and amenities which by the way were superb, foremost in my mind was how genuine the staff were.
The smiles and courtesies that were extended to myself and my woman friend were genuine and not forced, and that is something that you cannot pretend. You either are or you aren't a genuine kind loving person. In my meager 57 years on this earth I have gone to many inns and hotels. this place is special.
Adaire Inn has an old world feel to it, a comfort that cannot be bought by perfect food or landscaping or furnishings. It is a comfort that is born of the genuine, humble people who work and run the business.
What's even better is the food, furnishings cleanliness were unmatched in my opinion by the most opulent of lodgings without having to wear a suit jacket at dinner.
I do believe that as Einstein said, "Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler"
would describe Adair.
Adair simply put is an oasis of nature surrounded by stone walls, spruce, maples and fir trees , lilacs and just the most beautiful of unpretentious landscaping.
In closing I want to thank all of the staff and the innkeepers, whom I did in fact meet. When I met Tom he was coming out of the kitchen and I asked him if he worked there and he said yes. Never said he was the innkeeper. That speaks volumes about the character of the individual.
Thank you so much for a grand experience for me and my wonderful companion Diane.
BRAVO Cindy and Tom and to your common sense in knowing that it is relationships, the people that count and not 2000 thread sheets!
David M Couture
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Adair Country Inn and Restaurant is a romantic retreat nestled on 200 acres of private property in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. With nine charming and comfortably appointed rooms, you'll want to cuddle up in our feather beds with the fireplace on. In the morning, you'll wake up to the smell of popovers that are baked fresh daily and served with our three course gourmet breakfast. Venture out on one of the many trails of Adair where you may see moose, black bear, or even some wild turkeys. Take up a rousing game of tennis or a fierce shuffleboard competition in the afternoon. Enjoy some tea on the patio overlooking the spectacular grounds designed by the Olmsted Brothers. In the evening, join us in the bar for a cocktail before dining at our highly acclaimed restaurant. After dinner, take up a friendly game of pool in our Granite Room on our circa 1920 pool table, before retiring to your room where you'll feel as though you're sleeping on a cloud. Come home to Adair and fall in love again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Adair Country Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adair Country Inn And Restaurant
- Adair Country Inn & Restaurant Hotel Bethlehem
- Country Inn Bethlehem
- Bethlehem Country Inn
- Adair Country Inn & Restaurant Bethlehem, NH - White Mountains