All reviews welcome basket fresh fruit breakfast room bottled water wi fi is included small refrigerator sized bed stayed for nights coffee maker place to stay cereal motel comfort linens cleanliness
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We were here in Yerington on a 3 day caching Birthday trip that I gave as a gift to my friend. We were greeted at the small front desk with a big smile and a few laughs from the owner Cindy!
She even gave us a discount since we mentioned that we were caching in the area.... Awesome!
Our room was #1 right next to where you check in & out. Once inside we noticed a sweet basket that consisted of a banana, a nectarine, a wrapped granola bar, a single serving bag of chips, a few wrapped tiny Milky Way chocolates and water bottles in the fridge.... Such a nice way to be greeted and welcomed to this friendly take you back in time motel....
Everything in our room was comfy and delightful!
The continental breakfast at the other end of the motel was also a nice treat!
With coffee awaiting, a variety of cold cereal choices, single packets of hot cereals, yogurt, individual juice choices, fresh fruit like apples, bananas etc, pastries, bread for toasting, and some hard boiled eggs... Yum!
Wifi was spotty at times, but we managed to download extra caches...
The only minor issue was the bathroom door, it wouldn't shut properly unless you really slammed it, then it would close completely....
I know that I will be coming back to stay at this place again, when planning my next geo caching adventure for some power trail caching...
Looking forward to staying at this comfy motel on my next trip!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We stayed for 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend while geocaching in the area. The property is older, but is well maintained. When we last stayed here in July 2015, the buildings were being painted and updated, and it looks great.

In our room, we found a welcome basket with apples, granola bars, chips and bottled water. There is a Breakfast Room for serve-yourself breakfast — coffee, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, juice, tea, fresh fruit, cold hard-boiled eggs and frozen breakfast burritos/sandwiches to microwave. We headed out early each day, so we appreciated having coffee and breakfast available early. Our room was comfortable, quiet and clean. There is a microwave, coffee maker and a small refrigerator with a separate freezer on top. Wi-Fi is included and worked well. Staff are all friendly and helpful.

Main Street Inn is a good value. We will definitely stay here the next time we’re in Yerington.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2017

My staff stayed at the inn for a week while working in the local area. The rooms are clean and fully equipped with a refrigerator/microwave. The breakfast service is more like a B&B with plenty of options. The hotel is very quiet at night and a short walk from the downtown restaurants. I would highly recommend the inn for both the business and leisure traveler.

Room Tip: I prefer second floor rooms since they tend to be quiter at night when travelers arrive.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed 18 February 2017

My wife and I have stayed at the Main Street Inn twice now, first in November 2016 the weekend before Thanksgiving and more recently several days during a week in January.

The recent change in ownership finds the new owners breathing new life into this inn. We had stayed here several years ago under the former owners and can see the difference as the decor has been and continues to be refreshed in phases and other improvements are put in place.

On both recent stays we were assigned room 12, probably because we asked for a king bed. One thing of note is the small bit of counter space in the bathroom, but there's nothing that can really be done about that without major renovation. We put our travel kits on the dresser just outside the door. The room and bath are clean and neat. The carpet is showing wear. I was told that would be addressed in the next phase or the one after that. The room does include a TV (of course), mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee mini-maker as is very common in the hotel/motel industry.

Kudos for the breakfast room including hot coffee, tea, and cocoa; juice, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, danish, and frozen breakfast sandwiches and breakfast burritos to heat in the microwave. It's all DIY and, honestly, the same sorts of things we eat in our own home, so comfort food.The on-site owner/manager (Cindy, if I remember correctly) is very friendly and attentive to making sure hot coffee and other items are well-stocked. We've chatted with her on each of our visits, finding her friendly and sincere about improving the inn for the long term.

The rates are very affordable, less than another major local motel in town where we have stayed, especially affordable considering the homey touch of the breakfast room. Being a small inn, they handle reservations pretty much the old-fashioned way: call the inn to make your reservation, or fill in the online form and wait for a response. Considering the affordable rates, I can understand the ownership not wanting to spend revenue on a reservation service. As a guest there, I'd rather make the call than pay higher rates to help pay for a reservation service/system. Those who visit and stay in Yerington know it is not warranted.

Next time we are headed to Yerington, we'll be making the call to the Main Street Inn for our reservation.

Room Tip: Only a few king bed rooms, so book early if that is your preference.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016

This inn is amazing! It is clean and cozy; the owners go out of their way to ensure your comfort. It had rained overnight and the owner put a chair with a sign in front of the door in the morning warning that the rain had turned to ice and to use caution. This level of service is unparalleled. I travel frequently for business and stay at a variety of hotels all of which are more pricey than here and are usually less comfortable. I LOVE this place. It feels like staying at a bed and breakfast but with more privacy. It is a superb value. I will stay here every time I travel to Yerington.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business