“Spooky”
Review of Silver Queen Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Silver Queen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Virginia City
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We arrived in Virginia City on Sunday around 4 pm. We checked in at the hotel bar, seriously thats the check in. We got our key and directions to our room, the stairs are really steep, we stayed on the top floor, had a view of the street. Nice room with a small bathroom with a shower. Everything closed fairly early being Sunday I guess. I believe we crashed around 10. Around 3am I was awoken by a loud bang, no idea where it came from, no one else was on our floor, I looked around the room, saw nothing so I went back to sleep. In the morning got up, went to shave before I showered, I looked in the mirror and I had this fine scratch across my right cheek about 2 inches long, perfectly straight, enough to break the skin, like a cat scratch, I kid you not. It wasn't there when I went to bed. We took pictures of it for prosperity. Would I stay there again? Hell yah, thats part of the reason I went there. Alot of weird paranormal stuff has happened there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2010

My friend and I had rented room (1,) it was small no phone no service no hot tub, but a very stuffy room with hall lights on all night, long hallways and steep stairs. Our last night, a mans very low voice, whispered to me Go Go Go Go!, and scared me enough to wake up , I heard footsteps down the hall, and knoking on the wall. I got my friend up, it was 4:am in the morning, we packed in a hurry, the back door was locked, we had to go down 28 steep steps carring our luggage, but we left in a hurry. I will go again but to a new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelerwithSkitter
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I travel frequently to the Storey County area on business, and on this trip I asked to be lodged at the Silver Queen.

Terri, the nigt auditor/barkeep/housekeeper knew me by name when I walked in, and did everything that she could to make my stay pleasant- including offering local dining tips. The room was neat and clean, and the high ceilings, transom window, and ceiling fan keep the room quite cool for a mid-90 degree day.

If you expect a Holiday Inn Express with television, internet, swimming pool, etc, etc, you probably won't like the Silver Queen. If you enjoy genuine history and would like a unique, but pleasant, experience- the Silver Queen is for you.

I will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2010

stayed with gfriend her boyfriend and her dad as mydate went t bed at 23 am woke up at 1030 and girlfriend asked why i called her at 430 am i said i didnt and actually my phone lost its charge s i couldnt have called. lts of stairs 6 feet from casino where u can order hney walnut prawns and they deliver onl 10 dllars with white rice! no staff in hotel actually u have to go elsewhere t get rom foors are open with keys in dr, no tv no phone very small and very quaint and romantic!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2010

This hotel is very unique. It was built in the 1800's and the only thing that appears to have been changed is that they have added bathrooms/showers to the rooms. Otherwise, it's as if you're going back in time and staying at an old west hotel. Roam in off the wood sidewalks of the city and into a true classic of a hotel. The rooms are very reasonably priced, and we had no problem getting one in the middle of June. The location is directly in the center of the city. Service was good, and check-in took about 30 seconds. Remember, though, this is a true 1800's hotel. No phones, no TV, no mini-bar. Highly recommended to help get a feel for this fun, historic city.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2.2 km away
Gold Hill Hotel
Gold Hill Hotel
#2 of 5 in Virginia City

Been to Silver Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK