Silver Queen Hotel
Sugarloaf Mountain Motel & Market(Virginia City)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
Virginia City Inn(Virginia City)
US$ 113
US$ 159
US$ 141
US$ 74
US$ 66
Gold Hill Hotel(Virginia City)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerold westin towndoor knobrooms are smallsteep staircasestreet parkingred dog saloontook pictureshaunted hotelmy fianceopera housebar downstairsan adventureelvis impersonatorfire escapehear everything
Reviewed 4 June 2008

Was celebrating my 40th B-Day and had a little to much enjoyment and needed a place to stay. My wife and I decided this about mid-night and had no problem getting a hold of Doreen (sp) and she promptly drove from her house (about 5 minutes away) and got us a room. No Ghosts to speak of but my wife had an eerie feeling as we went up to our room. Doreen was great and gave me a drink and a beer on the house in celebration of my B-Day. Great history behind the area but not a whole going on after hours. Several bars to go to. Try the Sgt Major's Silver Dollar Saloon just across the street. Vic and Lori fight over who can make the best Bloody Mary. :)
Would and will stay there again.
Thanks Doreen!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Longhorn1968
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I love Virginia City and this was only my second visit. Went with a friend we decided to stay. A local recommended the Silver Queen. Paid $80 for street-view room with a shower. Primitive, yes, cool....absolutely. When we first went in, I took some photos of my friend on the stairs. Caught three small orbs and one large one. Very interesting. My friend is particularly sensitive to paranormal things and I'm pretty dead to it although I'm open minded. We were next to the "most haunted" room and she felt a lot of activity. She also kept remarking how the place reeked of cigar smoke and I didn't smell anything like that even though I'm very sensitive to cigar/cigarette smoke. Also caught some very bright orbs at the Piper Opera House. The interior of the Queen is quite a surprise when you see it's exterior. We loved the elegant look and the rounded corners. The floor cut-outs were fascinating allowing light to enter the second floor. Very period, very cool. Nobody was rude to us, very friendly locals except for one guy dressed in period clothes that we called [--] the rest of the time there. He tried to convince us that he ALWAYS dresses that way....sure-you-betcha!
We loved it and will go back. We liked the simplicity of the room. And if you want a shower, pick room 18.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VetteCruiser
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We stayed at the Silver Queen last Friday night. They were booked for Saturday night, so we had to stay elsewhere. Let me say this: If you are "uptight" and absolutely cannot survive without the modern amenities which we are all accustomed to, then this is not the place for you. This hotel is 132 years old. We stayed in rooms 11 and 13. We just HAD to bathe in the claw foot bathtub in room 11. Aah, they just don't make tubs like they used to. The rooms are small, but quaint, and CLEAN !! Which is more than I can say for the newer motel we were stuck with Sat. night. As for the staff, we loved Darlene and Karen! Between and after all our shopping, we always ended up back at the Queen for a drink and visit with them. The ladies were very fun, very accommodating, and full of hospitality, which is why we kept going back, even though we were staying somewhere else. Unfortunately, there was a down side to our stay. We really wanted to experience something paranormal, but it just didn't happen for us. Give it a try.......

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank LilBit69
Reviewed 31 March 2008

I never stayed at the Hotel, but was just there this past weekend, and was insulted by the lady behind the bar. The owner of the place was nice and very respectfull to his customers. My dad took me there when i was a kid which was about 22 years ago. I really enjoyed looking around in the hotel. it was definitely creepy.. The hotel is being sold for 2.2 million dollars hopefully they fire the old bartender lady, and get some friendly faces in there. It's still a great place to visit.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank marietravel
Reviewed 12 October 2007

There are only a few places to stay in VC. My husband and I decided to give the Silver Queen a try considering it's fantastic proximity to the saloons in town. Unfortunately, the building is so old that ANY conversations on the street can be heard in your room, plain as day. (We had room 19 on the top floor overlooking C street.) Also, about 5am on Saturday morning, some drunked up people wondered in and were banging on the doors yelling "is anybody in here" laughing and stumbling around. It was rather comical, but it didn't help our sleep any. The mattress was not the most comfortable I've slept on, but tolerable. All in all, it was a great experience (I love history) but we probably won't be staying there anytime in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple