“Hospitality Plus !!!!”
Review of Silver Queen Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Silver Queen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Virginia City
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We stayed at the Silver Queen last Friday night. They were booked for Saturday night, so we had to stay elsewhere. Let me say this: If you are "uptight" and absolutely cannot survive without the modern amenities which we are all accustomed to, then this is not the place for you. This hotel is 132 years old. We stayed in rooms 11 and 13. We just HAD to bathe in the claw foot bathtub in room 11. Aah, they just don't make tubs like they used to. The rooms are small, but quaint, and CLEAN !! Which is more than I can say for the newer motel we were stuck with Sat. night. As for the staff, we loved Darlene and Karen! Between and after all our shopping, we always ended up back at the Queen for a drink and visit with them. The ladies were very fun, very accommodating, and full of hospitality, which is why we kept going back, even though we were staying somewhere else. Unfortunately, there was a down side to our stay. We really wanted to experience something paranormal, but it just didn't happen for us. Give it a try.......

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank LilBit69
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Silver Queen Hotel

Reviewed 31 March 2008

I never stayed at the Hotel, but was just there this past weekend, and was insulted by the lady behind the bar. The owner of the place was nice and very respectfull to his customers. My dad took me there when i was a kid which was about 22 years ago. I really enjoyed looking around in the hotel. it was definitely creepy.. The hotel is being sold for 2.2 million dollars hopefully they fire the old bartender lady, and get some friendly faces in there. It's still a great place to visit.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank marietravel
Reviewed 12 October 2007

There are only a few places to stay in VC. My husband and I decided to give the Silver Queen a try considering it's fantastic proximity to the saloons in town. Unfortunately, the building is so old that ANY conversations on the street can be heard in your room, plain as day. (We had room 19 on the top floor overlooking C street.) Also, about 5am on Saturday morning, some drunked up people wondered in and were banging on the doors yelling "is anybody in here" laughing and stumbling around. It was rather comical, but it didn't help our sleep any. The mattress was not the most comfortable I've slept on, but tolerable. All in all, it was a great experience (I love history) but we probably won't be staying there anytime in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mopargirl
Reviewed 14 August 2007

My husband and I rented 2 rooms (7 and 8) we took one and my son took the other. I had a wonderful feeling while I was there and even saw something the first night. I woke up about 2am to a scratching/thumping noise. When I looked up I saw a shimmering fog of sorts. I watched it as it went over my bed and into the next room......My son and his girlfriend wouldn't let me close the ajoining door......so I watched the misty fog hover over the kids and then it dissappeared out the window.
A few nights later my husband was awaken to a knocking at the door. Each time he went to the door there was no one there. We had talked to the bartender downstairs and we were told her name was Rosie. So my husband asked her to leave us alone by name.......there was a shuffling and we heard stomping down the hallway.
We were walking around the hotel late one night and my cell phone suddenly went off. I had a voice mail. I could not understand the message so I went to the log of the phone and there was no record of the call coming in. I believe Rosie was just saying hello through my cell phone.
Overall we loved the place and will go back.......very haunted but not mean spirits....just playful ones.
I even have a pictuire of something sitting by room 11.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank LisaBOregon
Reviewed 6 August 2007

Booked a room in January for July 20 & 21. They immediately charged my credit card.Due to an accident in early July we were forced to cancel. They refuse to reimburse me the $143 they took.
Never had any accommodation charge when I book, but use the card to cover A no-show.

Stayed: July 2007
15.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Reno
0.7 km away
Sugarloaf Mountain Motel & Market

Been to Silver Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK