“Interesting”
Review of Silver Queen Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Silver Queen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Virginia City
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed 1 night last Wednesday in room 19. No ghostly visitors but an interesting change in our 2 week trip to Vegas, Reno and San Francisco. Staff at the Silver Belle were very freindly and the room is fine as long as you realize where you are. Virginia City pretty much closes down at 6PM with only a few places open until 9Pm. We had a great breakfast at the Cafe down the road before leavbing the next morning. All i all, a nice change near the end of our trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pa_uthe
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Silver Queen Hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We were only able to stay one night in room 18 but it wasn't enough! We had a wonderful stay- the room was very clean and comfortable but still felt like it like you were taking a step back in time. Our room faced the main street with a perfect view of the mountains, the Silver Terrace Cemetery and many other famous and historic buildings. Connie, the owner was running the bar the night we stayed and was so sweet and welcoming, going out of her way to make our stay the best it could be. The next morning when we were a couple hours down the road I couldn't find my digital camera and was freaking out because I thought I might have lost all the pictures I had taken of our trip. Our car was overheating and my husband said there was no way we could go back for the camera. Connie answered when I called the Silver Queen and told me that she had the camera all bubble wrapped, boxed up and just needed my address in Oregon to send it to me. I have never experienced such amazing hospitality anywhere else and recommend the Silver Queen Hotel to everyone!!! P.S. I didn't have the 'ghostly' experience I hoped for but maybe if we had stayed another night???...

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the 3rd floor with big windows facing the street and it is perfect if you don...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank beckik97467
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We have stayed at the Silver Queen so many times I can't count them. And every time has been better than the last.
Sure, the beds in some rooms are a little saggy, and the paint may be peeling off the windows in some spots, and there might be weird stains on the carpets and rugs. If you want spotless floors, go somewhere else. For us, it ain't no big deal, considering what you get in return. You're living in history, more history than most people will ever experience in their entire lifetime.
Every stay has been accompanied with friendly hosts, and so what if you have to wait for a couple of minutes to get checked in? This isn't a Holiday Inn Express, nor even a Motel 6. This place is unique.
Other reviewers complain over the lack of phones and TVs - well, if that's what you are looking for, stay downtown Reno. There's plenty of noise there.
But if you want a different kind of noise, stay at the Silver Queen...ghosts that keep you awake all night long!
Our first stay included muffled arguments, banging on doors, doors slamming shut --- then finally a few hours of peace. That is, until 5 a.m. when we were awakened by the sound of an old fashioned wind-up alarm clock going off, ringing loudly enough to wake every dead ghost in the hotel.
And apparently the ghost who turned off the clock had to get to work really early, because within a few minutes, a door opened, then slammed shut, and the sound of hobnail boots stomped off down the hallway - the sound of boots on WOODEN floors - and I'm pretty certain the hallway was carpeted or at least had a runner.
How did we know these were ghosts?
Every time we looked out the door, we saw no one. There were no other cars parked out back We met no one in teh hallways. And when we checked out the next morning, I asked how many people were in the hotel that night. The clerk said, oh just you guys.
Believe it if you want. Or better yet, go stay there yourself.

Room Tip: We always try to get a room on the front overlooking the street because they seem to be larger. But...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roompoodle
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Ok, yes we know the rooms are basic, but lets look past that to having an experience that you will never forget. Stayed in the poplular room #11 July 16th, was actually our honeymoon ha ha...Anyway, while my wife slept peaceful and quiet, except for times I woke her up, I was pretty much messed with all night. Everything from cold chills and cold touches, not much coolness in July in Virginia City, to watching dark shadows around the door leading to the other room, #13. There was nobody in room 13 that night.....Anyway, wow, was fun to say the least, except no real sleep ha ha ha....Go, dont think about it, dont talk about, just go.....Thank you staff of the Silver Queen, Terri was fantastic to hear your experiences that you have had cleaning the rooms. Will see you soon

Mike and Cyndie

Room Tip: dont forget to bring a flower or flowers to the room if you are staying in 11
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank mike s
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The walls are a little thin but other than that this town in amazing! My boyfriend and I had a ghostly encounter at this hotel. We heard a voice in our room say "Oh my god, oh my god." We both looked at each other in amazement for the voice sounded as if it was right next to us. It is a great little bar downstairs and the wedding chapel is a must see.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
15.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Reno
0.7 km away
Sugarloaf Mountain Motel & Market

Been to Silver Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK