“Tahoe House-Five Stars” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tahoe House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Tahoe House Hotel
Sacramento, CA
“Tahoe House-Five Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My six-year-old daughter and I stayed here in October 2011 and were very impressed with our stay. The hotel is furnished with antiques which add to the character and charm of the hotel and bring you back in time to the old west. The parlor has board games and puzzles to play before retiring for the evening. Although the hotel looks old from the outside, the interior is completely new with modern plumbing and electrical. The owners are real friendly and even went out of their way to pick up hot cocoa for my little girl when they were grocery shopping in Reno. We'll be coming back to the Tahoe House next time we're in Virginia City!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank garysmith67
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Anaheim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at the Tahoe House after Christmas, and I can’t begin to tell you what a great time we had. The staff was unbelievable. Tammi and Mary made us feel like we owned the place. We stayed in the Presidential Suite, and it was perfect for our romantic get away. The hotel has been completely restored, and it seemed that no expense was spared. If you want to get a feel for old Virginia City, while enjoying some great hospitality, this is the place. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David W
Winnemucca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

I have stayed here many times and I feel like family. Daan and Ginger and now Tammi have always made me feel special. I can't believe one could have anything but a wonderful time. The rooms are so perfect and the Great Room is a great place to gather and visit with other guests or even finish that last minute sewing project before the Ball. The tea is always available. The location is great. I highly recommend the Tahoe House.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Regina S
Sonora, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I recently returned for another visit to Virginia City and the Tahoe House. This trip I stayed 5 nights at this beautifully restored piece of history. I was treated like royalty by the beautiful hotel manager Tammi Davis. She is wonderful. There was also a large group staying there for an event and she was always available and to everyone. The hotel has a small bar where she served wine and beer and it came with good conversation and excellent company. There were pastries, fruit, coffee and tea every morning. I stayed in room 3. It has a fireplace and was very charming and cozy. The hotel was clean and well kept. Tammi has a wonderful and vast knowledge of Virginia City history and can answer any and all questions. It snowed while I was there and the views from the hotel were absolutely AWESOME!!! I am so pleased they are staying open for the winter. I will be going back very soon! If you are going to be in Virginia City for any reason you have to stay at this beautiful gem. Tammi will be there to welcome you and treat you with that "personal touch" as she does everyone. Sandi, Columbia, CA

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 3 with the fireplace, room 5 with a garden view, room 11 which is very small a...