“Dinner Twice During Our Week at Tahoe: Always Excellent!”
Review of Chart House

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 50
Description: Chart House is a fine dining restaurant serving seafood & steak and famous for their spectacular views. For more than 50 years, Chart House has redefined the ideal dining experience. With 27 waterfront and showcase locations ranging from the historic to the unforgettable, Chart House restaurants specialize in dazzling views, unique cuisine and exceptional service. From fresh fish specialties to slow-roasted prime rib, the renowned chefs of Chart House have tailored a menu that adds a unique touch to local flavors. And the Chart House happy hour is a guest favorite, where guest favor our signature cocktails and delicious bites you are sure to enjoy. Our original Hot Chocolate Lava Cake is the perfect end to a memorable dining experience at Chart House. Chart House offers the ideal setting for your next event. We would be happy to assist you with all the details of your special occasion.
Reviewed 28 August 2016

For my wife and me, this Chart House is one of our favorite places to dine. We first dined here in 2002, our first visit to Tahoe, and we have dined here on every visit thereafter. We were staying in Olympic Valley, CA, the week of 14-21 Aug 2016, and enjoyed arranging our plans on both Monday (15 Aug) and Saturday (20 Aug) so that we could enjoy dinner here. On Monday, we sat at a table right in front of the beautiful windows; on Saturday, we sat at a plush booth just to the back of the tables in front of the windows. Either spot is great for enjoying views of the soaring pine trees, Lake Tahoe and the spectacular sunset.

We had the same excellent server for each dinner: Russ. He is great, and he took great care of us at both meals.

My wife had her favorite macadamia nut-crusted mahimahi at both meals. On Monday, I had grilled halibut with tropical fruit salsa; on Saturday, I had ahi with wasabi cream sauce. On Monday, I loved the seasonal summer watermelon salad. On Saturday, I loved the chopped salad. Our desserts at both meals were great: on Monday, we had s'mores creme brulee and raspberry sorbetini; on Saturday, we shared delectable Key lime pie. All of our dishes were excellent.

Once again on this trip, our two dinners here were outstanding. We love dining here!

We are long-time Landry's Select Club members, and we seek out and enjoy dining at Chart House whenever we have the opportunity to do so.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

We went to this place for a special birthday dinner and they delivered. From the specialized menu, the amazing food, stunning sunset to the dessert we loved every minute. Our server was great and we just had the best time.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I ate dinner at the Chart House after hiking in the Tahoe area. I was dining solo so I sat at the bar. The service was spot on, top notch. My filet was perfectly prepared. My entire meal was incredible. I make it a point to eat here whenever I'm in the South Tahoe area.

1  Thank wolverines_go_blue
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is our favorite restaurant in South Lake Tahoe. We eat here every time we visit South Lake Tahoe. You need to call for a reservation as it is very popular. The appetizers are prepared to perfection, for the entry -- try the prime rib - it is my favorite, for desert save room for the "mud pie".
The staff are attentive and service is outstanding.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Last night we had an excellent dinner at the chart house. The prime rib was cooked just as ordered and the flavor was amazing. Our waitress understood we were there for a relaxing dinner and she definitely made sure we were not rushed. The view of Lake Tahoe is gorgeous from this location and watching the sun go down was beautiful. The chocolate lava flow cake is AMAZING...save room for this speciality. This restaurant has been here for many years and never fails to present an excellent dining experience.