“Beware of Room Type” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chico, California
“Beware of Room Type”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I have stayed here several times and really enjoy the location and the rooms. Being a Total Rewards customer I am always receiving special discounts and rates. We made plans for President's weekend and I booked the room on-line. I decided to book the larger and nicer Executive King room. The standard rate was much cheaper but I decided I wanted to try this room instead. We got there at 4:30 with their check-in time of 4:00. Everything seemed fine at the front desk and we went to our room to find we were in the smaller standard room. I went back to the front desk and explained we had booked an Executive and I was even paying the higher rate. I was told that by booking a "room type" doesn't guarantee you that type of room. And they were all full and this was the only room for us. I understand I may request a non-smoking room and maybe not get one but to book and pay for a larger room and then not get one? I was told "it's only $20 more per night for the Executive". I told her I wanted my $20 per night back. She wasn't happy and was rude about it but I got it. I asked if I could speak with a manager or someone in charge and that got me no where. I have since written a letter to management but have yet to hear from them. I'll stay at Mont Blu from now on.

Room Tip: Book the standard room since you will end up with one even if you pay for a better room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rachel P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed at Harveys on Saturday and was a little aprehensive since i have not been there in many years. But i was thrilled at how nice the rooms were. Good bed, nice bathroom and the best thing was the size of the room, it was large. The casino is nice, not to big but large enough to keep us playing. Overall nice to see Harveys is still going strong.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

After booking a stay in a premium (remodeled) room, I was informed upon checkin that the room was not available. Instead we were place in a luxury room (not remodeled in ages) on a higher floor. Found luxury room not acceptable; both unpleasant and not clean! Asked multiple times to be relocated before management agreed; moved to premium room after one mysteriously came available. The new "premium" rooms are nice, but it was all too little, too late. My room should have been available upon checkin as per the reservation.
Hotels staff was hit or miss during the two night stay; we received exceptional service from some employees, and abominable service from others (I guess that aspect sort of cancels itself out).
Hotel's common areas were nice, but not always kept clean (i.e. lobby restrooms were dirty and had no toilet paper at 8am on a Saturday).
Plenty of on-site dining, free internet, and free parking were all good positives.
Overall, I would consider staying again if I could be guaranteed a remodeled room; however, in my opinion there are far better accommodations in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a "premium" room - these are the remodeled ones, and they are "night and day...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Advisor58
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife & I stayed there 19-20 April 2012. We thought it was pretty nice. All hotel personnel were helpful & courteous. We had a Lake view room with a good view. The room was quite large. It also had a very large bathroom with 3 separate areas, one for a make-up area, one for the toilet and one with a separate show/tub and sink/counter. The room had a refrigerator, large flat screen tv and coffee maker. The bed was very comfortable. We only ate at the buffet which we thought was very good. The Friday night seafood buffet was excellent. I know that they have a Hard Rock Cafe on-site and a couple of other places. Harvey's & Harrah's are connected by an underground walkway so you don't have to cross the street. We didn't have much luck gambling(slot machines & video poker only)....but hey...its gambling. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves and will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: If you're Harrah's Diamond member ask for a room up-grade at check-in.
2 Thank Irishman5678
san francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I love weekend getaways n go up to Tahoe a lot. This was the first time we stayed at Harvey's in casino central and it was such a blast! We stayed two nights in the newly renovated tower rooms. The room was gorgeous!! It was huge and all fixtures were brand new. Harvey's was like a kids playground we were running around like 5 year olds all day n night. We did a scenic trail that the concierge recommended that was stunning it was a path to the beach n took us 3 hours. We played in the arcade, we gambled, we walked around for hours. There's so much to see and do the only place we ate at in the hotel was American river cafe a classic American diner. other than that we ate at ihop Chevys one night n went over to raleys for soup and supplies.
Definitely recommend Harvey's you won't regret it. Oh and the steam room and hot tub were awesome!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
0.2 km away
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 8 in Stateline
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,643 reviews
0.4 km away
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
0.5 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 68 in South Lake Tahoe
1.2 km away
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 8 in Stateline

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK