“Very Nice”

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

THis spot was nice and for the price it gave me all I need. I loved the rooms, very large. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

This was an enjoyable week end outing in Tahoe. The room was very nice and clean. The only complaint would be the TV has'nt been upgraded to a flat screen yet but all else is fine. The outdoor pool and hot tub are nice.The view from the room on the 12th floor of the lake and mountains is super. Check in and out was easy. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: For agreat view of the lake ask for the highest floor available
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This was one of the most depressing places on this Earth. It's dark, has unforgivably low ceilings, and is threadbare in so many areas, I hate even writing this review....it brings back memories! My 18th floor 'executive' room overlooked an abandoned construction sight...dark, uninspired with old lamps and older furniture. I shuttered as I walked barefoot on the carpet...bad idea. Spent three nights in this God forsaken dump...connected by a tunnel to the other dump...Harrah's. Also dark and depressing, with restaurants closed or being remodeled. At least they had Starbucks. The 'cafe' is in the basement, their top floor restaurant at Harrah's was just awful. The 'winter' salad must have come from the beach...sand throughout. Forget the casinos...designed in the 60's!

Room Tip: Stay away...don't even think of staying at either Harveys or Harrah's ....try MontBleu or a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Traveled to South Lake Tahoe over the Easter weekend and stayed in the king-executive room on the 18th floor. The views of Lake Tahoe from our room were spectacular. I found the size of the room to be quite adequate and it was also clean. The room came equipped with a coffee maker and also a fridge. The entire bathroom/ shower/tub/ dressing/toilet area was quite large and i liked that it was all separate and roomy at the same time. The rooms at this level have been updated but not completely remodeled. Although you have new carpet and a flat screen tv the rest of the decor is reminiscent of the 90's. The bed and pillows were OK. The house keeping had refreshed our room thoroughly and everything was freshened when we came back to our room the second day.
The rest of the Hotel was your typical casino. The casino floor was very smoky, and we came back to our rooms smelling of smoke everytime we walked thru the casino. We ate at the Hard Rock cafe and also at the Straw hat pizza, both of which were pretty standard. There is also a Starbucks that serves hot breakfast sandwiches right in the lobby. Very convenient. The Hotel had free valet parking service which we used constantly. The attendants were always very prompt in bringing our car around. There is a charge of 10$ per day for internet use and also a 10$ charge to use the fitness facility and pool. So although we had found a great deal on the hotel website for our room these incremental charges quickly add up.
But the best thing about this hotel is its location. It is very close, about a block away from the Heavenly gondola ride place and all the shops on the South Lake Tahoe main drag. Very easy to walk to it all. We walked down to the shops at Heavenly village a couple of times and were back at the hotel in no time. We were very happy to explore Lake Tahoe during the day and then head back to the Hotel and not again have to step out for drinks and dinner every night, since the hotel had all of these amenities on location and if you wanted to you could use the connecting tunnel to Harrah's casino and hotel and check out the stuff there.
An enjoyable stay and worth the $$$ we spent.

Room Tip: Ask for the odd numbered rooms on the 18th floor. The placement of the bed vis a vis the view is ama...
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have stayed here thru out the years and this year was a disappointment. I booked this stay for my wedding annv. Upon checkin they upgarded me to a lake view. Lucky for me because I think the other room would have been worse than the one I got. Room was large but the decor is getting very outdated. The bed was the worst bed I've ever slep in. I tossed the 1st night with very little sleep and my husband did the same thing the 2nd night. I was happy we were going home the next morning. The hotel has it's main breakfast spot closed for renovations. They did give you the option of room service with 30% off, that was a nice perk. Room service was great and fast. House keeping did a great job also. The casino was dead and the machines didn't want to pay out. I will stay here again but won't be expecting to high of stars.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the lake!
1  Thank coolchrissy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
0.3 km away
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
0.5 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
0.4 km away
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK