“Clean...”

Harveys Lake Tahoe
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have stayed here thru out the years and this year was a disappointment. I booked this stay for my wedding annv. Upon checkin they upgarded me to a lake view. Lucky for me because I think the other room would have been worse than the one I got. Room was large but the decor is getting very outdated. The bed was the worst bed I've ever slep in. I tossed the 1st night with very little sleep and my husband did the same thing the 2nd night. I was happy we were going home the next morning. The hotel has it's main breakfast spot closed for renovations. They did give you the option of room service with 30% off, that was a nice perk. Room service was great and fast. House keeping did a great job also. The casino was dead and the machines didn't want to pay out. I will stay here again but won't be expecting to high of stars.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the lake!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coolchrissy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I tried Harveys recently on a ski trip. I have stayed at the Horizon, MontBleu, and the Best Western. I really enjoyed Harveys. I got a great midweek rate of $70.00/night for a Luxury King. It was $15.00 more than the standard but well worth it. Our room was on the 9th floor with a lake view. The large room, 525 sq. ft., was nicely decorated with angled windows that gave you an east to west view of the Tahoe basin. A sitting area with two comfy chairs lent itself to leisurely times enjoying the beautiful view of Lake Tahoe and the mountain peaks, including Heavenly's Gunbarrel ski run. The room had a mini frudge to keep drinks cold and the leftovers from fine dining in the Village which is just across the street. The bathroom was actually three rooms; a toilet closet, a tub with separate shower and sink, and a dressing room with closet, vanity and sink. The bed was comfy with nice linens. A flat screen TV was wall mounted above cabinets. There is a small window you can open to get fresh air. That said, the non-smoking room was fresh with no smoke odor! A nice addition to these newly remodeled rooms would have been an iPod docking clock radio so you could play your music. We are not gamblers so we avoided the casino and discovered using the mountain tower elevator to get to our room without having to walk through the smokey casino. The location is ideal for accessing the Village and the Heavenly gondola. Free parking in the garage. We recommend parking on the 3rd floor near the elevator/ walkway to the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a luxury room in the Lake Tower on the 9th floor. Higher floors have not been remodeled yet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Few extra steps away from Heavenly's Gondola, but definately worth the walk! From check-in to check-out, had a wonderful stay. Front desk staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and well appointed. Outdoor jacuzzi was wonderful after a day of great skiing. Do think they should keep it open to at least 10pm rather than closing at 9pm. Sage room is always a great choice for dinner. This time we stopped in for nice glass of wine and oysters on the half shell. Middle of winter in the mountains and serving oysters, yum! Will remain loyal winter time vistors!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CJ4UNME
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed here in Sept 2011. I had a great time in Lake Tahoe. This particular property has a nice location - it isn't far from the lake itself, and it is also across the road from Heavenly Gondola and several other restaurants.

Hotel - check in was very easy (we got there a little early and the room wasn't ready, but the front desk offered to hold our luggage and call me on my cell phone when the room was ready.) The room was very spacious and clean and the view was gorgeous.

Restaurants - we ate at Cabo Wabo and had a great time. I'd say the meal was a little above average for typical Tex Mex chains. We also ate across the street at the Driftwood cafe - their breakfasts are amazing! We also ate at Artemis grill - this place had WONDERFUL Greek dishes - in fact we went back a 2nd night.

Casino - I didn't play much, but my boyfriend used the poker room several times and found it to be quite nice.

I would definitely stay at Harvey's again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Hotel can use a face lift. While my room is very large. I am a bit disappointed with the furnishing. They are a bit old and tired. Nice wi-fi - free to me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
0.3 km away
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
0.5 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
0.4 km away
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Harveys Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK