“A pleasant meal, but lacking in taste.”
Review of My Thai & Noodle

My Thai & Noodle
Ranked #13 of 61 Restaurants in Stateline
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Having had two excellent meals at the My Thai Cuisine on 2108 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe; being closed on this Tuesday evening, we made a visit to My Thai & Noodle. The menu was similar in parts, but the quality of the food was nowhere near what we had experienced on the two previous evenings. The presentation of the food was inferior, and certainly the taste was lacking in flavour compared to the other establishment. Some remedial work in the kitchen is required, if this restaurant is ever to emulate its counterpart.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This restaurant is just a mile from our house and we want it to be a place we can go to on a moment's notice. But it has to be good. We love the original location (this is a branch), but there is no comparison. I will not relate the whole grisly tale, suffice it to say we didn't get what we ordered, the waitress lied to us, and what we got sucked. Not going there ever again, wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I ordered the Tom Ka soup for lunch. A small bowl, rather tasteless, I would NOT get this again. One of my friends got the orange chicken. I had a bite, it was wonderful. He was lucky to get it. And it came with a soup and a salad so he made out. My soup was only a small bowl of soup. Another friend got the soup on the "lunch specials" and it was a much larger bowl, with all kinds of flavor and such. So that was good. So the point is you should stick to the "lunch specials" when going there for lunch.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

The restaurant is within walking distance of the Lakeside Inn, where we were staying for a couple of days. We'd read some favorable reviews and thought that we'd give it a try.

It is in the same building as another Asian restaurant (Tahoe Hot Pot). The two places are evidently owned by the same person. My Thai is around the back of the building.

The staff members were attentive, prompt and friendly, but English seemed to be a second language for most of them which made our experience here somewhat challenging. They have a full bar, but not a full time bartender -- at least not on the Tuesday night that we were here. A pleasant young woman came out to take our order. I ordered a Maker's Mark on the rocks, and another worker had to come out and show her what I was requesting. My husband had wanted to order a bottle of chardonnay that he could sip in the bar and then take with us to the dinner table. That proved to be too confusing of a request for the woman, who wasn't sure what chardonnay was. So he just had a glass of wine at the bar and then ordered another couple of glasses with dinner.

They don't take reservations, and the place was busy the night we were there, but we were still able to get a table for two. We'd read good reviews about the "hangover noodles," one of the restaurant's signature dishes. We ordered it with pork. We got some type of a pork dish, but there were no noodles in it.

The food was very good and the server checked with us periodically throughout the meal. Another employee kept our water glasses filled. There was one fellow -- who appeared to be the owner or manager -- that was circulating and overseeing the operation to make sure all the guests were taken care of. It appeared there was a great deal of effort made to see that everything ran efficiently and with an eye to customer satisfaction.

Bottom line: The food is good, and if we're in the mood for Thai food the next time we're in Stateline, we'd probably come back.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We have been to Thailand twice with our most recent trip in February. The food at My Thai & Noodle rivals many of the best meals we have had there. Service is good but this place gets busy. We went in before 5:30 PM on a Monday and every table was taken within 30 minutes and quite a few people were waiting when we left.