“Wonderful sandwiches”

Mr Pickle's Sandwich Shop
Ranked #179 of 276 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Deli, Soups
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had been wanting to stop by this sandwich shop since I first saw the large pickle man waving on the street a few months ago. Anything involving sandwiches and pickles cant be all bad. I love pickles and from the reviews it sounded good.
The place is very small, maybe 6 or so tables. There were no other customers, but it was close to 3 pm, not unusual for that time of day. There was one guy and a lady behind the counter, both very nice and welcoming. They had a large array of bread choices, including rolls. We noticed the bread was from the Truckee Bread Company...a real bonus.
I ordered a Hot T sandwich. It was a hot turkey, pepper jack cheese, cranberry sauce...something called "baja". Everything was super fresh and the combo, strange as it sounds was very very good. My husband ordered a Turkey with bacon and pepper jack (we both like spicy) Again very very good. No complaints on the sandwiches in any way.
The reason I can not rate them higher is because in this very small place TWO tvs were going. I think it was "Storage Wars...Las Vegas". lol It must be a Nevada thing to have TVs blaring while you eat...just not at all my thing.
The second and most important...we did not get pickles with our sandwiches. Oh there was a large jug of them you could buy separately. But come on...the place is called MR Pickles for crying out loud...pickles should be part of the deal.
Over all great, fresh sandwich. Nice people, good service. We will stop by and pick up sandwiches. Certainly worth a try if you live in the neighborhood. But don't forget to buy a pickle!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

What kind of sandwich is that little square thing? And where is the stuff that is supose to be inside it?

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Good food good service and good value for the things you get.

Reviewed 29 October 2010

I went to Mr. Pickle's last year, and the quality was so-so and the service sucked.
Today I tried it again for lunch, and I was really surprised. The place is spotless, the food is fresh and tasty, and the service........ well, quick and fun.
I got the punch-card, and I'm taking my GF there for dinner.
I Highly Recommend giving this place a shot.

1  Thank KenDahl004

Been to Mr Pickle's Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK