“Incredibly flavorful Chinese food”
Review of Chin Chin

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chin Chin
Ranked #68 of 276 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

I order delivery and eat here frequently. The amazing flavors and freshness of their food can't be beat anywhere else in Reno. Each dish I've tried has its own distinct taste and is cooked to order. No soggy noodles and smoshy meats smothered in bland slimy sauce served here. Only tender meats, crispy veggies, and hot bouncy noodles oozing with exotic seasonings. The prices are reasonable. You get plenty food for your money. The service staff are wonderful. This is the only Chinese restaurant I'll eat at in Reno/Sparks.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times with my senior mother. The staff are wonderful catering to my mother's mobility needs! It looks small and unassuming from the outside but once inside the atmosphere is very soothing and cultural. Really like the shrimp options. I'm not a fan of egg drop soup and always opt for wonton soup instead. Lunch deals are very reasonable! Look forward to eating here when I'm visiting my mom!

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Food was good and fairly reasonably priced. They started is out with a small munchie plate of fried wontons that was a bonus. Lunch for two ran $15.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Had lunch there and the prices were very good and you received good food and plenty of it. The restaurant is very nice inside, classy looking and very comfortable.
Service was great, the wait staff took very good care of us.
I'm looking forward to going there in the near future for dinner.
It was cheaper and the food was better than going to a fast food place.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

After having a Chinese food dining experience from hell a couple weeks ago at another restaurant, we decided to try this one and never get food from the other one again.

This was a takeout order as we did not go to the restaurant. We tried it twice and ordered a few items each time to try it out. Both times were excellent. Udon noodles and wonton soup were especially good, but all items were good.

This would be a 5 star review, but the reduction of a star is related to the business practice. We noticed there was a $1 credit card charge on our tab that we were not told about it in advance. In my many years on this earth, I never had a restaurant place a credit card fee on my receipt. I guess it figures that it would happen at a Chinese restaurant. I am not saying that to be rude. Being married to an Asian gal, we come to know that in our opinion, this culture has some strange business practices about doing "nickel and dime" charges, and usually not very friendly at restaurants, so I'm glad to hear another reviewer thinks it is a friendly place.

So back to that credit card charge. That is very unusual and when the wife called to ask about that, the lady on the phone says, "yea yea yea, I thought you knew that". Not a good response. In other words, they want you to pay the credit card fee for your business. That doesn't settle well with us. It is also in violation of their agreement with the credit card company and they obviously don't know that. We are going to report it.

Also there was a $1 delivery charge. That is fine and reasonable, but again, the restaurant should be telling people about that in advance on the phone. Actually, we think $3 - $5 is would also be reasonable, but tell people in advance. Consider dropping the delivery charge if the order is over $50. The driver gets a tip anyway.

As for the delivery, it was fast, hot, and very friendly.

Been to Chin Chin? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK