“Great experience!”
Review of High Sierra Brewing Company - CLOSED

High Sierra Brewing Company
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Reviewed 6 December 2017

We had a groupon that we needed to use so we came here about 5:30pm on a Saturday. We had a seat at the bar and inquired with the bartender about the details of the groupon.

We were able to order a flight of six beers (of our choices), an appetizer and two entrees!

We ordered the beer flight and an order of mozzarella sticks along with the famous awful awful burger and the pub steak sandwich (no calorie counting tonite).

The beer flight and appetizer came first. The bartender even wrote the samples down for us so we would know which was which. The entrees came next in a timely fashion and looked amazing! They were huge! The steak sandwich is a real steak about 1/2 inch thick, not just shaved beef. The onions were raw red onions, not grilled. And the awful, awful burger was equally as huge and comes with a pound of fries.

Everything was very good. The portions were huge for the price and the service at the bar was perfect.We also noticed they have a great happy hour, 7 days a week, 4pm to 7pm with $2 high Sierra brewing pints and 1/2 off appetizers.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

This is first and foremost a brewery so the selection is large. They also have a full bar so you can get drinks. The menu is typical bar food. Burgers, salads, wings, nachos etc. The Awful Awful burger is ridiculously huge for $11! It's also really good. Fries come with everything and they're good too.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

If you are in Sparks this is the place to get something to eat, an you will be back again for more. The food is great, an the prices are unbelievable.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

I heard from everyone that I had to try the awful awful burger and I was not disappointed!! It was delicious! It's a fairly big burger and comes with enough fries to feed 3-4 people! Definitely a must have when you come to Reno. Cooked well! And tasted great!

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

My friends and I decided to try a new restaurant tonight and we love beer, which led us to High Sierra Brewing Company. Initially I didn't notice it was in a casino when I was searching online, which surprised me when I arrived. I don't really like the casino atmosphere and people are allowed to smoke in the casino, which is an indicator for the restaurant. I ordered a sandwich, my friends orders chicken tenders and the Awful Awful. Consensus was that that food was just okay. I'm not sure that I would come back for food again, but I wasn't terrible.
On the plus side, we all got beers and everything we tried was really good. I had the apricot honey ale, and the honey wheat ale as well as a sample of the raspberry honey ale. The first two were delicious, the raspberry one was just okay. I could see myself coming back for beers another time.
We went at 7pm on a Saturday and there was hardly anyone else in the whole place.