“One of the Best Vegan Burritos I've Ever Had”
Review of La Fuente

La Fuente
Ranked #57 of 282 Restaurants in Sparks
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We had excellent vegan and vegetarian burritos here, the pico de gallo was fresh tasting and the guacamole was perfect. The veggies in my burrito were delicious, and the rice and beans on the side were super tasty. Our waiter was very funny, teasing me about cheese and sour cream being added to my dish when I specifically asked for it be left off. I thought he was charming. He was very solicitous and pleasant. Waited on us hand and foot. My boyfriend could tell his margarita was not freshly made, tasted like a bottled mix, but he still said it was good. We both had plenty of dinner left over to take home, so it was definitely two meals in one. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Came here just before 4pm on on a Saturday afternoon, it wasn't busy. Used the restrooms before sitting down, the men's room smelled moldy but appeared clean. I was cautiously optimistic at this point and we were seated promptly.

The place has a small bar area that is open to the rest of the restaurant and has a very typical mexican decor. It could use some spiffing up, for example stains on ceiling tile, the booths looked dingy and could be replaced.

Chips and salsa were brought to the table which were very good as we looked over the menu. The menu seemed a little odd with some descriptions in english and others in spanish. I ordered chicken enchiladas with green sauce and my husband ordered chicken and beef fajitas. The food came to the table in a timely fashion and was very hot. We had never seen fajitas like that. They were kind of smothered in tomato sauce and tomatoes. My hubby said the flavor of the fajitas was very good. The chicken enchiladas were very good. The baked cheese on top was delicious with the green sauce.

Overall summary is that this place is okay. I kept comparing it to another local mexican place and there is no comparison. We would not tell you not to go here, but we feel there are better choices for mexican food in the Reno/Sparks area.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

The food at La Fuente is sooooo good!! I've been there a few times now and it's good food, not expensive and the atmosphere of the place is great. I've been there during busy hours and when no one else was there and the service is great! Food comes out quick, and is delicious! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Each year my wife and I begin our Christmas shopping by having lunch and margaritas at a Mexican restaurant. It helps get us in the shopping mood. This year we chose La Fuente and we were not disappointed. The food was good and service was quick ( they weren't very busy) We asked for some modifications to our selections and our requests were handled perfectly.
The house margaritas were good and we left fortified for an afternoon of shopping.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

This was my second visit. I wasn't impressed with the food first time which was about two years ago. Our friends chose this restaurant for a little get together.
I ordered a chicken enchilada with a Chile rellano which includes rice and refried beans. My husband ordered Chile Verde and was told it's not on the menu, but, they could make it for him. So we all know the pork is seasoned and cooked a particular way for that dish. Needless to say, it wasn't authentic as served. He only ate about half. My enchilada was dry and tasted burnt even though it was covered in cheese sauce. The relleno tasted a little burnt also. The food just didn't taste good. So disappointed with our food I didn't pay attention to what our friends were eating. I just could not eat it. Our friends liked their plates. I had a margarita which was just OK.
Such a shame since the restaurant has a nice ambiance and everyone is so nice and friendly.

Been to La Fuente? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK