All reviews del taco freeway side front desk room faced the freeway yogurt free breakfast indoor pool sleeping area room was clean watch tv easy access hot tub would stay here again nice stay coffee pot we've stayed reno
Reviewed 17 February 2015

This hotel is fine overall, though a little expensive for the area.

The bed in my room was comfortable, and the room was clean (found a little bug crawling on the bed, but for all I know it rode in on my stuff, and it was the only one during 4 days). The thermostat would have to be turned way lower (or higher) than current temperature to get it to turn off (or on); That was annoying.

The breakfast was fine; about what I expected... (I had cereal and yogurt; there were eggs and some meat, bagels, fruit, and I think a waffle or something maker. There were a few other breads and some peanut butter in packages too).

The weight room has the TV in the corner *behind* the treadmills and elliptical, effectively making it impossible to watch TV while on the equipment. Given that the TV on the elliptical machine iteself didn't work (all I got was a static or 'snowy' screen), that meant my phone or staring at the pool..

Also, as a Gold member, I made one request: a quiet room (and I have on file a standing request for a high floor room). They totally missed that, so I had to take a first floor room to get the 'quiet' side. FYI, I went first to a high floor room on the freeway side, but could tell it would be too noisy for me... and it might be for you too. Bring earplugs in case you're stuck w/the freeway side.

Room Tip: Choose the side away from the freeway. They may have double-pane windows, but noise still gets in (perhaps through the HVAC system; I don't know).
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
christina P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

Dear Kim S.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and bringing these items to my attention.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for our shortfall on the issues you had on the eqipment in the room and in the fitness center and about your check in experience. As we do try our best to accomodate all requests unfortunately there are times we are unable to due to occupancy. Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention I will be sure to speak with all front desk staff and engineering to besure that these areas are corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Sparks.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

Good location and free parking. Close to Reno which is really only 6 miles away for more shopping and restaurants. Lake Tahoe is an easy 40 minutes. Not a bad room and breakfast was the usual fare and not too bad.
The room was clean. Check in was smooth, It was quiet. rat was reasonable. I have no complains.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
christina P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to hear we met your needs during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

The room was comfortable; the 2 queen room is about the right size for 2 adults who each want their own bed. The location is right off the highway but away from the busiest part of town so it was a bit quieter than I expected, but the local traffic does start quite early for rooms close to the highway. Breakfast was nice and the front desk staff were quite pleasant. The only disappointments were the lack of hot tub and the mediocre coffee.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
christina P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

Thank you for your review. As a valued guest we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

As expected from any Marriott property, this place is great! very comfy bed, free Wi-Fi and breakfast. We could hear the other people from our rooms next door which was a bit uncomfortable but it's not too bad. Has a TV with plenty of channels to muffle the sound.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
christina P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks.

As a valued customer we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Hotel is conveniently located to head up to Sparks, continue East, or go explore Reno. No nonsense hotel with limited creature comforts, but the hotel is clean and most of the staff is very accommodating. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room on side of the entrance to hotel. away from the freeway side. Ask that repairs are complete.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
christina P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2014

As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.