All reviews lodging experience power strip pet fee in house restaurant front desk staff western village reward points lower floor bed was comfortable excellent stay downtown reno long walk freeway shuttle nugget nevada walmart
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Decided to go to the rib cookoff last minute. Most hotels wanted 300+ a night. Booked on their website for 190 a night which included a buffet breakfast.
Great value for what we got. If you like to be away from the crowds, this is it. Will stay again

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
workatholidayinn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for sharing about your great stay and experience here at the Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks over the Rib Cook Off & Labor Day Weekend! We appreciate your business and hope that you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are visiting the Reno-Sparks area.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Booked this place on Hotwire. This property came up and I was very concerned due to the past reviews. Upon checking in, the lobby was nice; the front desk was friendly and smiling. I was telling my friends I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. First room we got had a defective sink (according to housekeeping). We get our new room within minutes. Believe me, I inspected that room and I could find nothing wrong with it. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. My room was situated just above the pool area. It was quiet. The sound insulation from the outside is amazing. I walked across to my friends in their hotel room that faces the freeway. I heard nothing! I thought to myself...what is wrong with this hotel? We were here for the rib cook off, and they had a free shuttle (roundtrip) which was very convenient. If you happen to arrive back at the hotel late and a lot of events are going on (a concert, the rib cook off, Burning Man), parking gets scarce and you need to create your own parking space. Other than that, I'm a very happy customer. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area have a southern sun exposure, so you'll have the sun shining into your room most of the day. Don't worry about having a north facing room because you can't hear the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
workatholidayinn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay with us over the Rib Cook Off in Sparks. We appreciate your candor and our goal is for you have a great stay in a clean and comfortable room with a caring staff to serve you.

We hope you will come back and see us the next time you travel to the Reno-Sparks area.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I just want to say I was very please with my stay at this hotel. The bed slept good, no problems with the elevators as my other family members experience sleeping else where. The staff was very friendly and helpful the shuttle to and from the cook off was a blessing! Than you holiday Inn for making our stay worthwhile.

Room Tip: 7th floor not bad
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for letting us know about your great stay and experience here at the Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks over the Labor Day Weekend! We appreciate knowing that you were well taken care of and it was convenient for the Rib Cook Off too.

We look forward to having you come back next year!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had this tripped planned for a good while. We went for Hot August Nights, 8/29-8/31/2014. The lobby of the Hotel is nice, front desk service not so friendly. It wasn't crowed when we arrived, we walked straight up to the front desk. However, the female that was working alone there had her head down and did not acknowledge us until she was finished doing whatever it was she was doing. A simple common courtesy of "be with you in a minute" would have made things a bit nicer. To top it off are room was not ready. Once we did get checked in hours later, our room smelled so bad and the carpet was so dirty. On Saturday night around 12 midnight, we returned to our room exhausted from a very fun and exciting day in Sparks and Reno. Our bed was made up nicely but when we pulled the sheets back they were dirty from the night before. I called the front desk and they offered to come up and change them. I told them no, they should have already been changed and that I was going to report this on Trip Advisor. About 45 minutes later, awaken out of our sleep, the hotel phone rang and it was the front desk offering to give us free tickets to breakfast at the hotel. We turned that down. We had already experienced tasteless food the morning there of. However, the waitress that worked that morning was very nice. Also, on Saturday morning I went to the gym to workout on 1 of the 2 treadmills...neither of them worked. Once again I went to the front desk and guess who was there??? Ms not so friendly. I told her that both of the treadmills needed lubing, which is what it said across the screen. She looked at me like I was crazy.

This was my second time giving Holiday Inn a try this year. The other time was in Tucson, AZ. I should have learned my lesson then. Will I stay there again? NO! Would I recommend this hotel to friends and family? NO! Not even strangers.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colette B
workatholidayinn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for your review and providing feedback as it is the only way to improve our services.. We value all feedback to look for ways to make guest experiences better. We will definitely address the customer services issues you encountered and the restaurant issues. The fitness equipment has all been repaired, and we have placed a new piece of equipment into service. We are a "green" hotel and only change sheets for stayovers if the guest requests. We do strive to keep our guest rooms spotless, and we will use the feedback to continue focusing on that.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

we drive to CA from MT with 2 pups several times a year. 13 hrs into the drive, we LAND @ Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, totally dead, exhausted. Being greeted by Brandi (PM) & Annette (AM), having breakfast under care of Hope in restaurant.....REALLY welcoming, clean, comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
workatholidayinn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for sharing about your great experience and the excellent staff here at the Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Reno-Sparks area.