3,725 results
All reviews lobster buffet mel's diner fun center boom town guitar bar peet's coffee indoor pool get away slot machines reno area nice room nice stay casino gambling steakhouse employees concert
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as our travel plans made it a logical choice on way to CA. Price in advance was reasonable but Reno hotel taxes added $20+ to bill. Did not want the hustle bustle of downtown Reno. They have a $7.99 bar b que buffet and are next to Cabelas for your hunting fishing shopping fix. Quick access to I 80.
Anyway quite well appointed room. Lots of parking but not close to the rooms. Drag your luggage casino! Refrigerator has leftover food from previous occupant, gross! But they sent housekeeping up quickly.
Bar b que buffet was, well a casino buffet, mediocre but not bad. Well worth price.
Might stay again to try the lobster buffet? Might stay downtown instead?

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dale L
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

As said before. .. so
Smoky. Food was disgusting. Even the bartender told us the Buffet was gross. Tables were mostly closed. Limited tables. Craps closed ...
Above all
Else
...
People were sooo unhappy working there. Made a very bad experience. I
Also got sick
From their food. So there is that..
Thought it would be good for our puppy. All
In all keep driving much better along the road.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank EricaKodiak
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The reception is in the middle of the casino and they'll send you thru the casino to your room, if you want to avoid smoke try to check-in using their website or app, you'll still have to pickup the keys unfortunately. To get to the room try the entrance to the meeting rooms by the North Tower, that will take you to the elevators avoiding the casino.Rooms are comfortable and very clean, unfortunately the Front Desk and the restaurants are in the casino and very smokey.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Kaiser3
Reviewed 6 October 2018

A pleasant surprise in Reno. My first stay here and I was impressed. Very nice room with a decent view of the mountains. Accomodating staff, and great food at Mel's Diner. I will return on my next trip thru Reno.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank jdmrestor
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I'm a fan of Best Western and Elite Rewards member, but this was the first time I experience an awful experience. The reason for this is because I have severe allergies to smoke. Its very hard to find a hotel in Reno, even a 5 star, without smoke exposure. However, when I selected this hotel, it looked fun and needed a place to stay while running an errand in Reno. They claim the suite I reserved was "smoke-free". Well, it wasn't, and I was extremely ill through the night until morning. I was exhausted from my drive from San Jose, CA and was too tired to find another place to stay. The suite was beautiful but smelled awful, and my clothes even took home the odors the next day.
They also failed to tell me the room had no window views and I was looking at HVAC systems and generators on the roof of the building. Not good.

If you love the Western vibe of gambling and RENO then you may enjoy this place. The staff was super friendly and outgoing but overall this place wasn't a great fit for my family and me.

Room Tip: Choose the room with a built in Bar if you are there for a party atmosphere.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple