1,393 results
All reviewsdynasty towercabana caferooms are largeplayers clubdowntown renoslot machinesmelsbingodealerscomps
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I wrote this review on my last night staying with them. I have a 9 nights reservation and I feel like a year!
1. The staff at the front desk doesn’t know what type of room do they have. I requested for a room facing to downtown and they said,”sure!”. And they gave me a room facing to another room! When I came back to the lobby and tell then that the room doesn’t facing to downtown, they said that’s the only room available with kingsize bed, unless I want a 2 queen beds. I said I will take the 2 queen beds as long as it’s facing to downtown.
And when I arrived in the room, it was a king size bed!
2. My room has no refrigerator, I can get a refrigerator for additional $10/night.
3. Due to slow season we have to call to get housekeeping service (I stay during spring break).
4. I got a free “wake up call” around 8am almost everyday by hearing so many slammed doors. Either the other guests around me were slamming the door or the room maid who were working in the room next door did it.
5. I’m not sure if they wiped the bedside table and vacuum the carpet because I can see some little rubbish I made were stay where they were during my stay even I got housekeeping service almost everyday.
6. On my last night, I was awake at 10:59pm because of a very loud noise from next door. Guess what, the room maid was vacuuming!!! Yes, at 10:59pm! I waited until she was done, and this is my conversation with her:
Me: “Oh I’m glad you’ve done, it was so noisy”
HK: “I’m sorry but I have to clean up the room”
Me: “But this is 11pm!”
HK: “Well, I wake up at 12.”
Oh gosh!!! She talked back to a guest!!! Unacceptable!
Me: “Ma’am, I pay to stay here”. I was so unhappy.
HK: “I have to get my job done”. End of conversation.
I can’t believe that I heard all of those words. I’m glad I only have one more sleep and I’m done. I promise I will never ever come back again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank cening
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Nice decent rooms but the toilet pressure was slow and felt I had to wait ....Beds were nice..decent resturants close by and inside. bar service was great. no major complaints can be given I would come back

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I've stayed here a few times before. I was there this past saturday all the way from California for the St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl. Anyway I booked my room through a 3rd party website called Cancelon which i'll never deal with them again! I accidentally left my I.D. back home in Cali and the people at the front desk were very helpful and also their manager Axel. I had to get my reservation changed into my friend's name and they would let him pay since he had his I.D.. I waited for about an hour because of Cancelon not faxing over the paper work like they were supposed to as well as continuously putting me on hold. After all that time of me waiting the Sands people upgraded both me and my friend's room due to me waiting all that time. I'm not gonna lie but I agree with some of the other reviews about being able to hear people in the next room or whatever because I could hear the people in the room next to me talking lol. This was in the morning before checkout time so it really didn't matter. I went to Reno to party and when you go to party you really aren't gonna be sleeping in your hotel room much anyway. I know I slept very well.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevators. Too many people come in and out making noise lol.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I don't gamble much so I can't tell You how good the odds are at winning anything but I can tell you this casino is OLD and needs a complete over haul! Although they opened some new restaurants, the food is only good in Mel's. The staff look half dead and aren't very aware. The rooms are big but we had to call housekeeping 3 times due to crackers on our floor, a disgusting toilet (which the housekeeping manager was rude) and after the maid came to clean the toilet, She still missed poo behind the lid. The third time was for a broken light. The lamp that hangs in the room is too low and in the wrong place as we kept bumping our heads on it. The wallpaper was peeling stained and molded and there was dust on the lamps and a dirty mirror. They don't offer any local discounts and wanted $75 for the night?! Smokey and dark and I had someone from outside the street come and ask me for money? Hello security...the only time I will visit the Sands is to see the cars on Hot August Nights. The only thing they got going for them is the free pool parties in the summer and even then the pool is small and the jacuzzi's are crowded. I was so dissappointed. Reno is growing and renewing itself Sands....grt on board!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Spiritednrg
TheSandsR, Guest Relations Manager at The Sands Regency Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience, especially that you were not pleased with the cleanliness of your room. We will have the Housekeeping Manager review our cleaning standards with the employee that serviced your room. We are always trying to improve the service and product we can provide for our guests. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you choose to come back and see what improvements we've made the next time you visit the Reno area.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

March 7th 2018. Problems with room #1250 were. 1. People talking in the parking lot, this started at 1 am, and even though we were on the 12 floor it sounded like they were right outside our window. 2. Street noise at this same time, cars driving by, again sounding like they were right outside our window. 3. Three times between 1 am and 2 am it sounded like someone either threw something against our window or banged on the wall of an adjacent room. 4. Cigarette smoke was noticeable in our room and was worse in the hallway and elevator during our departure. Since there was no remedy given by the hotel staff (no other non smoking rooms available is what we were told by the front desk) we left and while turning in the room key just after 2 am I asked for a refund. I was told to contact Booking.com for any refund. My wife and I took turns driving and sleeping in the car. We will never stay at this motel again, ever. After contacting booking.com the manager at the Sands lied about another room being available and lied about what time we left the motel, they were saying we left at 7:06 am. We fueled up in Klamath Falls at the Pilot Travel Center at around 7 am and had breakfast at Loree's Chalet Restaurant in Chemult Oregon at 8 am (they were flipping the signs in the windows from closed to open when we arrived) on the morning of the 8th. So the question to the manager at the Sands is, how did we drive 326 miles from The Sands, Reno, Nevada all the way to Loree's Chalet Restaurant in Chemult, Oregon (which is 326 miles away) in 54 minutes?

The thing that really bothers me about this whole situation is the amount of lying coming from management at the Sands Regency Hotel. What ever happened to honesty or integrity? They lied about what time we checked out and they are lying about having another room available. It might have been available but it was not offered as a remedy to our situation. Why was that? I also called the Sands Regency and they hung up on me right before I contacted booking.com. I guess liars can't talk on the phone? Why didn't the person at the front desk put a check out time on our receipt? I can only guess that this is how they rip people off who do have problems and leave? I will be leaving negative feedback at any and all sites that I can find. I will also be contacting the BBB and the CFPB to file complaints and I will be contacting Visa to dispute the charges because they DID NOT provide the services for which I paid for.

Thank you, Jeffrey A. White

Room Tip: Just stay somewhere else, Circus Circus has nice rooms, much better than the Sands.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple