“Nice family place if u don't want to stay at a big hotel!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #42 of 64 Hotels in Reno
San Francisco, California
“Nice family place if u don't want to stay at a big hotel!”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is my second time staying at this place. It's only 5-10mins away from the big hotels. Nice fresh breakfast in the mornings, clean exercise room, great for family reunions. Many improvements have been made since the last time I was there. A big plus "pet-friendly"!

Room Tip: With any place I stay I like the upper level away from the elevators. No problems with the front des...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimaf
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I am partly to blame for this experience, only because I waited until the last minute to book a room during the Memorial Day weekend. It should have been a clue when all the other hotels were sold out and this place still had rooms. I have traveled extensively with my work and have stayed at great hotels and no so great hotels. This place reminded me of the "dives" I stayed in during spring break trips. If this is the atmosphere you are looking for then search no further. Front desk service was terrrible, I had to track down the maid to get fresh towels because they still had not cleaned my room when I returned to it at 5:00 PM. The interior of the room what you would expect at an "hourly hotel" (based on what I have seen in the movies). To make matters worse was the price of the rooms, which I am sure was reflective of the holiday weekend. I have no problem paying several hundred a night for a nice room, however paying more than $150 a night for this dump was a joke. The toilet seat was falling off due to improper hardware. This had to be an ogoing issue since the hardware could not be tightened and was installed incorrectly. The interior carpet was filthy, the furniture was beyond being worn, and the exterior was worse. There were enough bird droppings to consider this a hazmat scene. Obviously the walkways and common areas had not been cleaned in months. I think you can get the picture. When I explained all of this to the front desk I was not even given an apology let alone a break in the rate. Avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: In view of the overall condition of the interior and exterior of the hotel I do not think a good roo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Reno hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We needed to stay in Reno for a full week, and needed a place that would take our dog. After calling around, they offered the best rate with that considered -- $65 rate with $10 per night for the dog for three nights, and afterwards he was free (most other places the rate was $15 or higher, and every night).

The rooms look like they have been updated fairly recently (no ugly floral prints from the '80's here) and had an IPhone/IPod dock radio and flat screens, and since we were staying a week we appreciated the mini-fridge, sink, and microwave. Wi-Fi is free.

The only downside is the location...it was fine, and we felt safe, but it was in a slightly older part of town near the highway. They do not have an extensive "relief area" unfortunately, and the one they had our dog wouldn't go onto. There is a park down the road.

All in all for the price and the 'dog friendliness', it is a good option if you need to do something outside of the nicer casino hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jaime L
Newark
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We reserved our rooms online expecting a nice hotel, but were sadly disappointed upon arrival. Our rooms (we booked two rooms for our family) were tiny and cave-like. The bathroom fan was very noisy. I noticed a "Rodeway Inn" emblem in the housekeeping room, and felt a little "taken". I was under the impression that Hawthorn Suites had nicer more updated hotels. The breakfast was surprisingly good, though the waffle maker did not work. We tried several times to make waffles, but they kept burning, so we gave up. The pool was not open which was another disappointment (we thought this should have been on the web site). Maybe it was just the floor we were on, but we were not impressed. I will say it was a great price for the rooms, however.

Room Tip: Well, judging from what other reviews state, it looks like you should get an upper level room. Othe...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 16 June 2012

One day a bag of pretzels went missing from our room after housekeeping was there.

Our card was charged (or authorized) the day of our arrival for the first night and then for the second two nights. Then when we checked out, we were charged for the full 3 nights. There is currently over $180 being held on my debit card because of this. I was told in the reservation that my card would not be charged until checkout. This was not the case. As of today (8 days later) my card still has pending charges on it that shouldn't be there.

"We require a valid credit card to confirm your reservation and guarantee your room. Any required deposit or pre-payment will be charged to this card immediately. Otherwise, your card will not be charged until you check-out."

The in-room coffee maker was dirty and the coffee that came out of it tasted terrible.

The shower pressure was great and the temperature was good, but only intermittently. The water would go from hot to cold and back again every few seconds.

The room smelled musty and like mildew when we didn't run the A/C.

The bed was advertised as having "New Sweet Suite “bedding experience” featuring plush pillow-top mattress". The bed was hard and didn't seem to have any kind of pillow-top.

The pool was not usable during our stay.

We were there for our friend's wedding and because of this, we had very, very little downtime to be able to bring these things up to the management. When I got a survey request from the hotel, I gave them all of this information and was sent an apology email saying the issues would be addressed and they hoped I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple