“False Advertising of Features & Quality”

Siegel Suites 7th Street
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Upon arrival to this low quality hotel and neighborhood, we almost decided to leave (even without getting money back), and instead drive home 160-miles, 3-hours! I would never recommend this hotel to anyone but a meth head or homeless person. The front desk woman seemed burned out, depressed, with no smiling, happy greeting or service. Our “non-smoking” room stunk of old cigarettes and filth, and was in very poor shape with patches on the ceiling and stains on the carpet and furniture. The walls were yellowed from smoke. The bathroom was clean and in decent repair to use. The sheets, pillows and towels appeared to be clean. So we decided to stay since we paid $215 for one night during Hot August Nights Car Show in Reno. The bed was in decent shape so sleep was possible, but we did not sit on any furniture without putting down a towel first. The wood furniture was decent and the microwave and refrigerator were clean and working. The TV was very small and the remote a joke without a “guide” button. I’m not even sure they really had HBO as advertised. There was minimal toiletries and no phone book or hotel rules or services directory. The pool had sleazy people hanging around and homeless people jumped the fence to take a dip. The entire property was run-down from the parking lot and fences, to sidewalks, to stairs, rails and the elevator. Clearly there is NO pride of hotel owners/managers. Security for our vehicles as well as for the door lock on the room were concerns. A middle entrance to the parking lot was chained off, so everyone’s access was through a narrow, sharp turn entrance by the office. Complimentary breakfast was a joke: green bananas, cold cereal & milk, gross oatmeal, cheap bread for toast, orange juice and coffee, with nothing individually packaged or served (like hard boiled eggs, muffins or yogurts) to take back to a room, forcing you to sit in a minimal cafeteria-style room behind the registration desk. When we checked out, the front office woman never asked how we liked our stay, because I believe she honestly doesn’t care knowing more unsuspecting people will be tricked into staying here by the online list of amenities. I told her there were some red stained towels on the 2nd floor stairwell landing where someone had vomited the night before (obviously no hotel staff makes rounds to keep the hotel grounds presentable). Disgusting hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2017

My friends and I stayed for one night. In the info that I used to book the room said it was witching walking distance from the casino. It was not.
There was enough towels in the room. I went to the office to ask foe more, it was closed because the manager had to go adjust someone else air conditioning.
To top it off some of of the towels that were in room were soiled.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Upon checking in my AC was broke , inky 1 lamp worked there was only 2 towels no wash clothes I called the office . The maintence man fixed the Ac, said he would be back to fix or replace the lamps that never happened! My toliet over flowed. He came and plunged the toliet & left the water there!!! We had a total of 3 rooms 2 of them pet rooms & they was worse then my room. We will never go back or refere anyone to this place.

Room Tip: Clean clean clean the place ! We should of been paid to stay there. Not us paying the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I did an internet search for hotels allowing dogs up to 50 pounds. Tried to check in and was told they don't allow dogs of that size. After leaving I checked the website again then called the front desk asking why they advertised allowing dogs of that size but denied my family. The man who answered told me they just don't like dogs of that size in their property. When I asked why advertise for dogs of that size he said ok, come back. No thanks, I found a much friendlier hotel nearby at La Quinta. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

What's good about this place:

1. Location. Very close to I80 and the downtown too.
2. Price. That's the main and probably the only reason to choose this place.

What does not work:
1. Not clean. The rooms, lift and the breezeways are not very clean.
2. The chair in my room had a big hole made by a cigarette.
3. In the morning there were cigarette stubs and beer cans all around my car and the windshield had become really dirty because someone dropped soda on it from upstairs. Not the hotels fault, but maybe parking away from the windows may be a good idea.
3. The WiFi is as good as non existent.

But I think to be fair to the property, it never claims to be a luxury option. In fact over the weekend it was totally full. I think if you are looking for a place to just sleep overnight mostly and spend most of the time out then this place can save you a lot of money.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family