6,838 results
All reviews summit room johnny rockets bowling alley movie theater upgraded room get away an upgrade great room slot machines fun rim casino larry buffet gambling concert convention
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place never fails to astonish me with the soft sheets, sumptuous pillows, sexy shower, amazing views and plush ambience. So classy. It's our favorite spot for getaways. Even compared to Las Vegas and the Bay Area, GSR is by far the epitome of total elegance.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GSRCustomerCare, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear flwergrl,

Thank you for visiting the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and sharing your review. It is a delight to know how much you enjoyed our resort. We truly appreciate the excellent rating you have awarded us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had the Best Experience at Grand Sierra Spa!
My Business motto is “work never sleeps”
I was fortunate enough to have had business at the Grand Sierra Resort. I desperately needed R + R and these technicians delivered! Above and beyond service and attention! Thank you! You made my trip incredible!

Trip type: Travelled on business
GSRCustomerCare, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Diana I,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino a 5-star review! We are elated to hear about your experience with Sonny and Michelle. We have passed on your kind feedback to management so Sonny and Michelle can receive the recognition they deserves. We are very lucky to have them on our team. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I travel extensively and rarely write a critical review. I just go with the flow. Unfortunately I couldn’t let this one pass. After traveling literally all day from Newark to Reno (weather delays) I landed in Reno at midnight and proceeded to check in to my hotel grand Sierra resort). Or at least so I thought... after waiting in line for 20 minutes the sole person at the desk told me that they were all booked and I would have to wait outside for 20 minutes and they would give me a voucher for a holiday inn. Now mind you that I booked directly with the hotel with a guaranteed reservation. The grand Sierra must have a few thousand rooms. No way were they completely booked. I asked to talk to a manager but none could be found. Once again this is ludicrous- no resort this size is without a night manager. My guess is he or she was hiding. I asked for a refund and was told to come back tomorrow. Seriously? This is the equivalent of theft.,
This place clearly does not care about repeat customers, and neither I or anyone of my employees will ever set foot in here again.
The story has a good ending. I went out got a cab and this wonderful cab driver called around to find me a hotel. I ended up at Atlantis where they treated me with respect.
So much for booking direct and expecting the hotel to fulfill their contract.
Regards
Weary traveler

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 1RAF336
GSRCustomerCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Robert F,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review. We are very sorry about your experience here at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. Please accept our sincere apologies for the less than professional service you received due to our oversold situation. We have sent you a private email addressing your concerns. We realize this impacted your experience and we would like to sincerely apologize. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Arrived for a one (1) night stay to visit our son at Univ. of Nevada. Travel quite a bit so familiar with the standard rooms out there. Jokingly asked for an upgrade and Deborah R. at the GSR Front Desk made a few adjustments, spoke to Ryan (Desk Mgr.) and made it happen!! Five (5) stars for a great stay and for the great (also very kind) service that Deborah provided!! Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear theduke888,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino a 5-star review! We are elated to hear about your experience with Deborah R and Ryan. We have passed on your kind feedback to management so Deborah R and Ryan can receive the recognition they deserve. We are very lucky to have them on our team. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My friends and I usually gambles at different casinos. But GSR is one of the best place to play table games at. We played on the roulette tables. Our dealer's name was Rafael. He's such a nice and funny guy to have as your dealer. The Pit Boss Miguel was very nice and made us feel welcome. Not like some other casinos we went to (Silver Legacy). The Pit Boss seems like they are bothered by them being called to track your card from gambling. Miguel, once called by Rafael to track our card, came right away and greeted us with a friendly smile and seemed very sincere. GSR should really be proud of these 2 gentlemen for making their casino a great experience to gamble in. Even though we didn't win on the roulette table. We didn't feel bad or thought that Rafael were trying to make us lose our money. GREAT JOB, GUYS!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
GSRCustomerCare, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear esturtevant68,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino a 5-star review! We are elated to hear about your experience with Rafael and Miguel. We have passed on your kind feedback to management so Rafael and Miguel can receive the recognition they deserve. We are very lucky to have them on our team. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!