15,696 results
All reviewsbowling alleysummit roomsdriving rangejohnny rocketsmovie theaterget awaynice roomslot machinesnon smokingbuffetfuncasinorimlarrygamblingcafestarbucks
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The new pool area is huge and set up for groups to relax. The main pool is not Olympic size but there is another adults only pool. I appreciate the fact that the pool is on a lower level than the casino so you don't have to trek through that area in a wet swim suit.
The location is easy to find if you are driving. They could improve signs for turning into the parking areas.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
CortneyMJT, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear OlderAndWiser48,

Thank you so much for visiting the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and sharing your review. It is a delight to know how much you enjoyed The Pool. We truly appreciate the excellent rating you have awarded us and your feedback regarding signage. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I was here on business and the conference center was great! Overall, the hotel had a luxury feeling without the cost. I enjoyed the ambiance and the self parking.

And while it is an enormous hotel. It's very easy to get to!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GSRCustomerCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear calagtoday,

Thank you for this amazing review! We appreciate your feedback and are elated to hear about your experience during your conference. Guest service is very important to us here at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Comfortable rooms and plenty of gambling. Nice Italian restaurant, Japanese restaurant , steak restaurant and cafe. Good wine bar also. Out by itself which is a good thing. Much cleaner than downtown area. Big hotel with everything you need.

Stayed: October 2017

Dear MIZER,

We loved reading your review. Thank you for sharing your experience and choosing the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed several of our restaurants in Restaurant Row. We truly appreciate the recommendation to your friends and family, and we are looking forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I have stayed and played at Grand Sierra several times over the past year. It is a 7 hour drive from my home in Oregon. Typically, assuming good weather, my trips to the reno area involve gambling and fishing.

I have stayed/played all over the west, Vegas, Reno, Cal, Oregon, and Grand Sierra is my favorite by a wide margin. Here are the highlights:

1. Rooms are excellent, modern, well equipped, well maintained. My last trip the room had both a fridge and microwave. They have a remodeled tower which I hope to stay at next trip.
2. Comps are excellent if you gamble. Free nights, free play, comps that can be used for non-gambling amenities. Lots of tournaments and special events. This last trip they had a slot tournament where you played as an individual, as part of a team, and your casino host also competed against other hosts for free play for his/her players. It was a ton of fun, and awards included a great private breakfast buffet
By the way, my host, Susie Moore, is outstanding.
3. There are a wide variety of restaurants, and I have found the food excellent at all that i have tried. Of course, I usually earn enough comps to eat for free, so maybe I am not very critical.
4. Although i usually travel alone, they have great activities for kids, and there are a lot families on the property every time I have been there. 50 lane bowling alley, movie theater, fun center, newly remodeled outdoor pool and sauna, golf driving range where you hit to islands in a lake, and I have probably missed a bunch of stuff.
5. Reservations are easy. Check-in is typically fast, especially when compared to Vegas, staff is helpful and friendly.

In conclusion, I highly recommend this resort for you and/or your family.

Mike Morris

Room Tip: The higher the better, as far as the views
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
GSRCustomerCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Mike,

Thank you for this amazing and detailed review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and are elated to hear about your overall, consistently excellent experiences while visiting GSR. Guest service is very important to us here at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and we are thrilled to hear that your Host, Susie, is exceeding your expectations in this area.

We look forward to your return very soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This casino/hotel is a self-contained experience in that once there, no real need to go offsite as there is so much at your fingertips....gaming, bowling, movie theater etc. The casino is large and well ventilated with a great assortment of table games and slots. The rooms are spacious and well appointed with a small refrigerator and microwave for warming up those take out dinners or leftovers. They have just completed a round of room remodels as well as a needed newly designed pool area.

All of these amenities are great but what makes the experience is the very friendly staff who work there to make your stay memorable. Our family host Melissa Koning is the best host in any gaming resort that I am a member. From day one appointed to our account, she has made her presence known and has personally reached out to let us know she is there to make our visits a fun and adventuresome experience. She has always been available to us even when on a personal vacation. Now THAT is a great host who takes care of her clients. Thanks Melissa for your attention, humor, and great style. Your the BEST !!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear robertmX7980ZJ,

Thank you for taking the time to post this amazing review! We are elated to hear about your experience with your Host, Melissa Koning. Please know your kind feedback has been passed on to the VIP management team so Melissa can receive the recognition she deserves. We are very lucky to have her on our team. We are looking forward to your return!