Message from TripAdvisor:

Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The hotel was good for the convention the rooms, were ok nothing out of ordinary rooms were spacious. has a number of interesting facility like bowling, ok for a family loads to do, Room had no refrigerator or microwave, though room size is big and comfy bed, would recommend it though

Room Tip: Choose a room with all amenities
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just got back from a 5 night stay at GSR. No reason to ever leave the property as this resort has it all. We stayed in a summit room which has been renovated and was very nice. The regular rooms were ok but you could really notice the difference. Casino was very nice, good choice of resturants, nice pool, movies, outdoor thrill park, and plenty to keep you busy. I would recommend as the price was very reasonable. The staff was great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Normally, we like to stay in more boutique hotels, but I had a conference here and quite enjoyed it. We had family come in as well and there was plenty to do to keep 10 people, ages 10 to 70, occupied for 5 days.

We stayed in one of the newly renovated Summit rooms (worth the price of the upgrade) and we were very happy with our room. Restaurants were all good and could accommodate our large party. We had a ton of fun playing shuffleboard, in the arcade, by the pool and with the go karts.

We would definitely consider staying here again if we are ever back in Reno. Good value for the money for sure.

Room Tip: Choose the Summit rooms- they are recently renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed here in July 2012 because I got a special for Free Nights and Free Slot Play. I have also been to this hotel/casino before for a Convention.

This place is great to hold a convention or a wedding the whole basement is full of conference rooms. There's also an enormous family fun center with video games, bowling and many other things for the kids.

The casino is huge! I remember the first time I went there I felt I needed to rent a go-cart. This time there was a lot of remodeling and renovation going on so portions of the casino were closed. SLOTS were everywhere and I did notice the ones that said "I've been loosened" did hit more frequently but still wound up with a loss.

They have some of my favorite slot games! Ghostbusters, Batman the Dark Knight, Joker's Heist, a slot version of craps, and Wheel Poker.

They have one of the BEST BUFFET'S I've ever been to at a casino. Their restaurants are also very nice.

For the BAD: The room was the definition of AVERAGE. I got a GREAT VIEW OF RENO but I've seen nicer casino rooms. The Hallways looked horrible, they are in bad shape and desperate need of remodeling. Also the food is very expensive! Like I just had a late night snack craving and the cheapest thing at Johnny Rockets is like $11, when I just want something for less than $5. There is a cafe that sells pizza slices, but they close early. I just find that unusual for a casino normally they have cheap food options for gamblers. But then again I can't complain too much because I got the room for FREE!

The biggest con about this place is that it's too out of the way from the rest of Reno. So if you didn't drive here you'll be kind of stranded and have to get a bus or something to see the rest of Reno.

My car wouldn't start on the day I was leaving and their security guards were nice enough to try to jump start me. I am very grateful for that.

Staff was very excellent as well.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the WEST SIDE you will get an excellent view of Reno.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stay here every year for Hot August Nights. So far, everything has been ok. Not great, but no complaints... We are currently staying in the regular tower and the room is dirty. HAIR in the tub GROSS. One lamp has a burnt out bulb. AC is antique and working poorly. NO REFRIGERATOR. No coffee pot. No microwave. I have certainly stayed in worse hotels... but this time it's really bad. Not all of the rooms are this bad... but we got a BAD room!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple