15,696 results
All reviewsbowling alleysummit roomsdriving rangejohnny rocketsmovie theaterget awaynice roomslot machinesnon smokingbuffetfuncasinorimlarrygamblingcafestarbucks
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just got back from a 5 night stay at GSR. No reason to ever leave the property as this resort has it all. We stayed in a summit room which has been renovated and was very nice. The regular rooms were ok but you could really notice the difference. Casino was very nice, good choice of resturants, nice pool, movies, outdoor thrill park, and plenty to keep you busy. I would recommend as the price was very reasonable. The staff was great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Normally, we like to stay in more boutique hotels, but I had a conference here and quite enjoyed it. We had family come in as well and there was plenty to do to keep 10 people, ages 10 to 70, occupied for 5 days.

We stayed in one of the newly renovated Summit rooms (worth the price of the upgrade) and we were very happy with our room. Restaurants were all good and could accommodate our large party. We had a ton of fun playing shuffleboard, in the arcade, by the pool and with the go karts.

We would definitely consider staying here again if we are ever back in Reno. Good value for the money for sure.

Room Tip: Choose the Summit rooms- they are recently renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I stayed here in July 2012 because I got a special for Free Nights and Free Slot Play. I have also been to this hotel/casino before for a Convention.

This place is great to hold a convention or a wedding the whole basement is full of conference rooms. There's also an enormous family fun center with video games, bowling and many other things for the kids.

The casino is huge! I remember the first time I went there I felt I needed to rent a go-cart. This time there was a lot of remodeling and renovation going on so portions of the casino were closed. SLOTS were everywhere and I did notice the ones that said "I've been loosened" did hit more frequently but still wound up with a loss.

They have some of my favorite slot games! Ghostbusters, Batman the Dark Knight, Joker's Heist, a slot version of craps, and Wheel Poker.

They have one of the BEST BUFFET'S I've ever been to at a casino. Their restaurants are also very nice.

For the BAD: The room was the definition of AVERAGE. I got a GREAT VIEW OF RENO but I've seen nicer casino rooms. The Hallways looked horrible, they are in bad shape and desperate need of remodeling. Also the food is very expensive! Like I just had a late night snack craving and the cheapest thing at Johnny Rockets is like $11, when I just want something for less than $5. There is a cafe that sells pizza slices, but they close early. I just find that unusual for a casino normally they have cheap food options for gamblers. But then again I can't complain too much because I got the room for FREE!

The biggest con about this place is that it's too out of the way from the rest of Reno. So if you didn't drive here you'll be kind of stranded and have to get a bus or something to see the rest of Reno.

My car wouldn't start on the day I was leaving and their security guards were nice enough to try to jump start me. I am very grateful for that.

Staff was very excellent as well.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the WEST SIDE you will get an excellent view of Reno.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stay here every year for Hot August Nights. So far, everything has been ok. Not great, but no complaints... We are currently staying in the regular tower and the room is dirty. HAIR in the tub GROSS. One lamp has a burnt out bulb. AC is antique and working poorly. NO REFRIGERATOR. No coffee pot. No microwave. I have certainly stayed in worse hotels... but this time it's really bad. Not all of the rooms are this bad... but we got a BAD room!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M K
Reviewed 9 August 2012

We reserved a "Summit Grand 2 Suite." It had been completely remodeled and had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and in-room safe. With the resort fee, it was still only $55 per night plus tax. The room was clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable. My wife and I ordered room service, and the food was good and the service excellent. The wireless Internet service, however, was quite slow, and the optional wired LAN didn't work in our room, even after a technician tried to repair it. We do highly recommend the fitness center as the latter had great equipment and was not crowded at all. The only service problems that we encountered were in the casino. I ordered a drink and waited 25 minutes for it to arrive. The cocktail waitress forgot it the first time and then made me wait a second round of drinks before she brought it. Overall, we recommend this resort, as it was much more economical than the Atlantis or Peppermill.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the suites. They are worth every penny.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple