All reviews dog bed western hotels pet friendly room an early flight hotel restaurant shuttle service rental car free shuttle bed was comfortable very nice hotel would stay again easy access fitness center lake tahoe bw fireplace freeway
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I must admit this has to be my 3rd or 4th stay at this hotel over the years. It's a great location, especially across the road from the airport. This particular stay was in waiting for my new apartment to be ready for move in. My first day of check in, I wanted to stay on the first floor but was put on the 3rd floor at the suggestion of the desk person because of a wedding that would make the first floor noisy. Well, not only was the third floor room next to the elevator, it turned out to be directly above the wedding (on the 2nd floor) complete with a live band! By 10:30p I was livid and called down to find out how much longer. By 11p it hadn't ended, but the front desk staff were more than helpful in giving me an upgraded room far from the wedding events on the first floor. They helped gather my things and I was resettled in a very nice, quiet room. The housekeeping staff at great and friendly. It was nice having access to a washer and dryer as well. One thing I don't normally do is complain, I suffer it out and vow never to go back. This time I said something and they helped and I'm satisfied.

Room tip: Very quick access to the airport. If you have a problem, just let them know.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Kim A, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Reno Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

I am sorry that you had an issue with noise during your stay, but happy that is was addressed and taken care of to your satisfaction. I am glad that you did complain and gave us the opportunity to make it right for you. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Shower didn't work . Room smelled awful. Had to pay $5 for two cups of coffee which I ended up throwing away . Coffee wasn't strong and was stale .
Left without taking a shower and had to stop at a Starbucks to buy a cup of coffee

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 13 November 2016

My wife and I checked out of the Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel in Reno, NV this morning after a one night stay and found it to be of poor quality for the following reasons:

- telephone that did not work
- smoke detector beeping throughout the night
- shower faucet so stiff I thought it did not work
- housekeeping knocking on the door and entering without waiting long enough to determine if it was OK to enter
- toilet that did not flush properly

AND.... the worst of all NO hot water to take a shower.

Most surprising there wasn’t a hotel manager available on–site just a very polite woman at the front desk that indicated she was sorry and nothing more. I sent the manager that was supposed to be arriving at the hotel later in the day an e-mail message but have not received a response.

I stayed here based on other recent Best Western hotel experiences which were superior experiences when compared to Best Western hotels in the past but this one does not match in the least, this facility is of the quality that I had seen in the past. This was not worth what I paid for the room!!!

Based on this experience I will need to think twice before booking a Best Western Hotel or you might want to use your old logo on the old and tired hotels and your new logo for the hotels that have been updated.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kim A, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Reno Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback helps us to improve. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with us. I have brought this to the attention of our maintenance and housekeeping departments. We are now under new management and making changes to improve and exceed expectations. I am hoping that you will give us another chance to show that we can exceed your expectations.
Once again, I am sorry for not exceeding your expectations on your stay.

Kim A

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We stayed here for our flights, inbound and outbound on a recent visit. It was walking-distance close to the airport but we used the shuttle to and from, quick and easy. The hotel has the design of a 1960's meeting and convention property with large open well furnished lobby and landscaped outdoor patio. It has a full service restaurant and lounge/sports bar which met our needs. The hotel is very well maintained with new/clean carpet and fresh paint in the hallways and rooms. We were pleased with our room both visits as it was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. Convenient for us, our car rental agency was just across the street. We booked the very well priced room & rental car through the airline when we made our flight reservations. We'd stay here again under similar circumstances.

Room tip: It's a quiet place but better on the side away from the InterState/expressway.
Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 28 October 2016

Hotel was good and the employees were great. Had a problem with the shower being hard to turn on or off. They do not offer a free breakfast but rather a discount for the attached resturant. We did not like the prices so we went elsware for breakfast. Overall the stay was pleasant and quite being by the airport.

Date of stay: October 2016