“Too much money for too little service and accomodations”

D Bar M Western Store
Ranked #12 of 30 Shopping in Reno
Reviewed 9 July 2017

I urge caution in purchasing boots that are not in stock from D bar M.  I ordered a pair of the regular D bar M brand size 9 E boots that were not in stock.  The salesman said  he had enough orders to order mine immediately, it would be 4 to 6 weeks to get them, I had to pay the $318 up front and could not cancel the order.  At 6 weeks I called and was told it would be longer. I asked to call the book maker and was told that company was a secret.  I got similar responses to the next 4 calls over a couple of weeks.  After my 5th call, the "boot girl" (their term not mine) called back to say we had a "communications error".  The boots were not ordered for a month after I ordered them and it would be another two weeks or so.
The impression I got from this experience was that D bar M considered this my problem, not theirs and I should patiently wait no matter how long it took .  I heard nothing from the owner at all.  Got no, "we'll make this right with you" from anyone and got only "I'm sorry for the problem" from the employee as I walked out of the store. I finally did get the boots and they are OK, but nothing that I should have to wait 11 weeks for, especially when I could have purchased a quality pair on the Internet and had them in a week.  I have purchased lots of cowboy boots and this is the worst experience I have had.

Date of experience: May 2017

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I am visiting locally, and happened upon D bar M on TripAdvisor. Went in to check them out, and was blown away by their service and friendliness! Deanna was sweet, and helped out quite a bit! I bought some boots, and could not be happier with the quality and price! Worth your time if you're in Reno!

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank SuffolkJoe
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

I was away on vacation and I wanted to get a special gift for my teenage daughter. I knew I wanted to get her something related to her passion which is horse riding so I sound the D Bar M Western Store online. The store was very clean, bright, and organized. They carry boots, chaps, spurs, hats, buckles and belts, saddles, tack, and all sorts of great equestrian and western gifts and furnishings. The staff was over the top helpful and friendly. A few younger people were working there and they were extremely respectful and helpful. It's obvious that the store has deep roots in the community and has top notch owners and management. They helped me find a great show belt for my daughter. They even rapped my gift and put a bow on it for no extra charge. I really enjoyed shipping there.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank 934jeffreyl
Reviewed 7 November 2014

to an e-mail about one of their products that we loved. They have a page for responding but they didn't. Disappointing, so will likely not do business with them again. There are lots of western stores and online sites.

Date of experience: November 2014