“Great gear and friendly knowledgable service”

D Bar M Western Store
Ranked #12 of 30 Shopping in Reno
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Been shopping here for years, and especially like the selection of boots and hats, and the ease/pricing for ordering custom made boots (2 pair so far!). Great selection of good using gear and some fun art & giftware.

4  Thank JKaren

Reviewed 8 July 2011

My quest for the day was aquiire a western hat for the Reno Rodeo and I found Jack the owner of this fine store. We exchanged greetings and I expressed my desire to buy a Quarter Horse styled hat only to find they are not much in style today. But no fear Jack suggested we take an open crown hat and steam the darn thing into a shape I was seeking. After a little showmanship and skill on part of Jack and my standing in front of a mirror with my vanity being stroked, we fitted me with a hat to fit my whim. This may seem silly to some, but I found this service a great joy. Now that being said Jack had one more surprise, we informed him of our rodeo plans and he being a sponsor provided us with a evenings pass to a great rodeo! Many thanks to Jack and his fine store for making our vacation to Nevada a pleasant experience. We would recommend D Bar M Western Store to all who seek a service oriented western shop.

6  Thank whetzelclan
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I called to see if I could get a 26" cinch. The call went very well, the clerk is drop shipping my cinch that had to be special ordered so that it'll be here faster. very helpful and the price was right too.

4  Thank SMVegguy
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Went in to see about buying some boots. Cindy the saleswoman took care of me and walk me thru all aspects of buying a pair of boots. She even called the manufacture to make sure of what they could do for me. All the sales persons help get the items that I wanted and were very friendly. Even the prices were not unreasonable! Would not think twice about going there again or recommending this store to another.

4  Thank SanFranciscoJon
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Went in twice, once when we first flew into Reno & again the day before we flew out. Both times we spent 30-45 minutes in the store, staff asked if we needed help & politely were out of the way if not needed. I was looking for a bosalito & mecate & the owner (I assume she's the owner) was extremely helpful in picking what material for the mecate. Saddle selection is varied, but not huge, reins are Ok, but rope selection is great for ranch or competition ropes, just rolls of rope & more pre-tied. The wall of bits made me very jealous... some great hand-made bits in there!

4  Thank marlana80