“Best in town”
Review of Gatekeeper Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Reno
Gatekeeper Inn
Ranked #49 of 63 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Close to everything friendly, clean, afordable, secure. I was there for hot aug. Nights , the air show, oct. Fest and THANKS GIVING Management made it a great holliday ... Hope to be in town soon and i would not stay anywere. Else. :)::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):o

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank bill_lyon1

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I went to Gatekeepers Inn last yr and had a good experience. It was $69/day. This yr I had called them multiple times for two months and my phone call was never answered. Later to find out they said their phone line was cut off. When I did get an answer I reserved rooms for my friends and I. The inn told me it was $69 a night. I was fine with it and gave him my card number. I just called again yesterday to check my reservation and the man goes and tells me its $129 a night. When I told him he had said it was $69 before he denied it. He said it had always been $129. I tried talking to him and that last yr when I stayed there it was $69. He didnt want to hear it and told me their was a misunderstanding and I'd get a call back. Ive been waiting and no call back now! Dont go there and get ripped off!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank reeyy
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We came to Reno in October 2011 to get married, we liked it so much here we decided to stay. We drove around looking for a nice safe place for our family to stay, and we found the Gatekeeper Inn. From the moment we arrived, the manager, Tim, was a major help. He is awesome, the best manager we ever had the pleasure of coming across. He is very polite, understanding and very professional. It is because of Tim that we are staying here until we find permanent housing. If it wasn't for him, we would've went else were already. Definitely a 5 star hotel with 5 star manager.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank 6mullins
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We've stayed here several times because of it's location and returned because of the former manager, Margie. However, Margie is no longer there and the new manager can't compare. The rates seem to fluctuate at the whim of the new manager and are twice as high as usual during special events such as Hot August Nights and Street Vibrations. Basically it is a $60/night motel tops. Better deals can easily be found elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan626_11
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We were going to Reno for The Golden Boys concert (Frankie Avalon, Fabian & Bobby Rydell) at the Silver Legacy Hotel on Sat., Aug 7, 2010. Did not realize that it was their "Hot August Nights" weekend & that every hotel would be booked up.

But, I found the Gatekeeper reviews, which didn't sound too bad & called them. They actually had a room available for our one night, so I reserved it.

THE GOOD STUFF -
Just a block from the Silver Legacy & Circus Circus Hotels. Nice thick towels. Clean sheets. Friendly office lady. TV.
THE BAD STUFF -
Everything else......old & dirty motel, carpets, etc. Really scary looking people staying there. Rate of $115 + tax for the night, which was $100 too much. People running amuck on the balcony, yelling & screaming at 4 a.m.
No coffee pot, no phone, no clock.

Didn't get much sleep & left (ran away) at 7 a.m. the next day.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple