“Penny Burgers on Sunday but Order By 4 pm”

Little Waldorf Saloon
Ranked #220 of 1,029 Restaurants in Reno
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We love this place. It is a fun and funky bar/restaurant located on the U of Reno campus. The walls and ceilings are decorated with all kinds of interesting items and pictures.
We like to come here on Sunday's for their Buy 1 Burger and get the 2nd one for a penny. NOTE: special ends at 4 PM!!
They have a great selection of burgers. My husband gets the Mighty Burger for $9.49 - regular burger with lettuce, tomatoes and onion. Cheese it is EXTRA. Fries come with your burger and if you don’t want fries you can get coleslaw or beans. I get the Bravo Avocado Burger for $10.99. The burger is topped with green chilies, avocado and pepper jack cheese, plus lettuce, onion and tomato. I got coleslaw instead of fries. The burgers were excellent. Since my burger cost more i paid full price and hubby's was a penny.
FYI - one time we came here and we could get the same penny deal if you preferred a chicken sandwich. But the next time we couldn't. Worth asking if you don't want a burger. They have other specials during the week too.
I won;t tell you but... careful when you head to the restrooms!!
Plenty of parking is available but parking lot is a little steep if someone had difficulty walking.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Little Waldorf has great food and some pretty sweet specials, but the service isn't always good. I often have to wait a very long time for menus to come, and silverware, and then the food.. and eventually the check. If you have some time to spend, though, the meals are usually worth it. They do have a full bar which is nice, and the atmosphere is interesting, there is a lot to look at! They also have events, mostly targeted at college students, and it's a pretty good place to take a large group of people. Overall I like coming here when I have plenty of time! Their burgers are very good, although I will say that their fries are not my favorites.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Back to one of the best college saloons in the country. For 50 years I traveled 28 states in a car calling on Colleges. Lil' Waldorf is unsurpassed in Ambiance! Food was excellent and Service by Candy Superb. My Avo Burger was outstanding + fries are excellent. Large portions. My wife had the Fish & chips and said it was excellent as well, just a shade below in quality from Flowing Tide. America just can not beat England's Fish & Chips, but Lil' Waldorf's is top notch for America. I have now had 3 of their Burgers and each was a homerun.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We stopped in here for a bite before we headed over the hill back to home (Calif). What a great place. Historic (1922) great funky décor and they have 1 Penny burgers on Sundays-buy 1 regular burger, add the 2nd for a penny. These are huge, yummy full size burgers with fries etc. So good and what a deal!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

The Little Wal has been a university hangout for ages but this was my first visit. The decor is kind a a mash-up of hunting lodge, frat house, and sports bar. My server was friendly and attentive without being obsequious. I ordered the Mighty Wal burger which comes with fries. I noticed on the menu that the burger comes BBQ sauce, along with the usual condiments. I asked for them to go very light on the BBQ and the result was a good tasting burger. Otherwise, I think the sauce would have overwhelmed the other flavors. The fries were steakhouse style and quite tasty. Will I return? Maybe, but there's a place just up the street that I like better.

Been to Little Waldorf Saloon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK