“Best steak in years!!!!!!!!”
Review of Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse - CLOSED

Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Recently voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the nation for "Best Service" by OpenTable and a fifteen-time Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Winner, Sterling's is Silver Legacy's ultimate dining experience, featuring steak, veal, poultry and seafood specialties. Open from 5pm nightly, reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I keep trying to think of any time Ive had a better steak and I still cant think of any better steak Ive had. My friends and I were in Reno for March Madness staying at a downtown hotel when a bartender in a downtown bar said Sterlings had the best steaks in town. We decided to try it. I had the bone in ribeye and it was so tender I could have cut it with a butter knive. It just melted in my mouth. We brought our own red wines (paid the corkage fee) and it was perfect. The service was perfect, they were right on top of everything from the bread to the dessert. A very enjoyable dinner plus it was my birthday. I highly recommend this place. It was better than any steakhouse that I can remember at least in recent memory and Ive been to Ive been to many.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

On a recent visit we had dinner at Sterlings. The staff was professional and well mannered. I had the rib eye steak and it was good. Overall we had a very pleasant meal.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

My wife and I went to dinner at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse for our anniversary this year. We'd never been before, but had fairly high expectations based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor and elsewhere. We had a 5pm reservation and we were seated right on time. I had noted on our reservation that we were celebrating an anniversary, and they had a booth already reserved for us with some extra decoration and an anniversary card, which was a very nice touch.

For our entrees, my wife ordered a large filet mignon, oscar style. I ordered the steak (filet mignon) and lobster. Both of us requested the filet to be cooked medium. The presentation of the food was excellent, and our waiter, Morgan, offered to remove my lobster tail from its shell for me, which I accepted. My filet mignon was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. My lobster tail was easily the best I've ever had. My wife's filet mignon, however, was under-cooked and practically rare in the middle. Morgan was very apologetic and offered to put have it put back on the grill for us. It came back out a few minutes later, and was cooked as we had originally expected. Despite the issue with my wife's filet, which was corrected quickly and to our expectations, all of the food we ate for dinner was excellent.

For dessert, we decided to share the Tuxedo Decadence. We originally planned to share the Triple Layer Fudge Cake, but thankfully Morgan let us know that's huge (over a pound of dessert!), so we decided to go for something smaller. The Tuxedo Decadence was absolutely amazing, and a great finish to our meal.

During our meal, we also got a visit from Gary, the Restaurant and Wine Director, to apologize for the mistake with my wife's meal and to make sure we were satisfied with re-cooked filet as well as the rest of our meal. We found out at the end of our meal that he also took our dessert and coffees off our bill to make up for our inconvenience.

Overall, we had a fantastic anniversary dinner, and a great evening out together. I understand that mistakes happen, and my only expectation is that when they do happen, they are taken care of quickly and professionally. To that end, Morgan, Gary, and the rest of the Sterling's staff we interacted with completely met my expectations and helped to make sure we had a great dinner. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We've eaten at Sterling's Steakhouse in the Silver Legacy Resort/Casino several times and always had a really good meal with great service. Last time we were there, my boyfriend and I noticed several people at tables around us ordering the "Mother of All Burgers", which was $28.00! We thought they were crazy to spend that much on a burger even though the waiter said it was really, really good. Well, we decided to try it tonight and now we know why it's such a hit! This is the best burger either one of us has ever had - bar none! It's huge (10 ounces) of Kobi beef (that specially raised expensive beef from Japan) on a 'brioche' bun that comes with lettuce, onion, tomato, kalamata olives, pickles, and pepperoncini on the side. You can also add cheese from a special selection - we chose Stilton (blue) - and pancetta bacon for an extra charge. That was like adding the icing on the cake! It also comes with a huge serving of fresh 'steakhouse' fries and either soup or salad. Yes, $28.00 sounds like a lot of money for a burger, and we were probably more skeptical than most, but we both would recommend this. The service was great, as usual, also.

EldoradoResortsInc, Public Relations Manager at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments in regards to your recent visit. We are elated to hear that you had such a wonderful experience! Our signature burger is delicious, isn't it?! We look forward to hosting you and yours again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

This was an amazing super! The steak was just as ask and the presentation and the taste was really impressive!

The dessert was nice. The share dessert plate was awesome!