“A Sterling Find!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 4th Street
Description: Recently voted one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the nation for "Best Service" by OpenTable and a fifteen-time Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Winner, Sterling's is Silver Legacy's ultimate dining experience, featuring steak, veal, poultry and seafood specialties. Open from 5pm nightly, reservations are recommended.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Slowly but surely I have been getting a chance to try all the steakhouses in Reno, most of which rank in the top restaurants in the region. Sterling's is fabulous! The service, wine list, and food were incredible, and not as pricey as the other steakhouses. The salad served with an entree were presented beautifully, with all home made dressings. The assortment of fresh veggies that accompanied the Chateaubriand we had (for two) were cooked perfectly with a unique assortment. My dining companion and I indulged after dinner with some tasty porto! We were very impressed with the knowledge and customer service of the Maitre D, Marcos. I will be returning very soon - loved it! Recommend a reservation in advance, and request a booth.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I haven't been to this restaurant for a while, but have always enjoyed eating there until now... My friend and I went for the early bird and the food was so disappointing...

Reviewed 11 August 2017

If you're looking for a nice Steak House, Sterling's fits the bill. It has nice ambiance, the food is good and the service is good. They have an excellent wine selection also.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

One of the very best restaurants for fine dining in Reno. While the ribeye is excellent, perfectly prepared, very marbled, and not over salted like most steakhouses, what surprised us was the seafood- the salmon is very fresh and prepared just right. The two pound lobster was brimming with meat and poached so that the meat was tender and not at all rubbery. It was served with drawn butter and was the best lobster I have ever had in Reno. Salads come with the entrees and are very fresh greens in a sort of cookie tuile round bowl. The service was excellent (except a bit of a wait for the bill, go figure). We never made it to dessert during both dinners, because we were so full- huge portions!

1  Thank Hongdemao
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I was really disappointed with my steak. It looked nice and came out way too fast which I am thinking it was a mistake or an extra so NOT cooked for me. It was a cold as a fridge in the middle. For the money you spend they tried to be nice and courteous and professional but all was lost. I was offered free dessert, YIPPEE. (sarcasm). The bread was overkill for 1 person and just another fine dining steakhouse out to make a buck and using shortcuts to cover their bottom end. Too Sad.

P_Campitelli, F & B Coordinator at Sterling's Seafood Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments in regards to your recent visit. I want to apologize that your expectations were not met, as those are not the expectations we set for ourselves. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to our entire team as we are constantly using this to improve our services for our guests, such as yourself. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to host you to a true "five star" dining experience.