New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #29 of 65 Hotels in Reno
Carson City, NV
“Below average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. Pros: Rooms are very clean with new carpet, paint, etc.. Cons: I have been in the hotel for about 4 hours and thinking about not staying the 2nd night. First, on arrival, I had to pay an extra $5 per night to get a non-smoking room. Second, I've been here for about 4 hours and for the last 2 I've been listening to a BOOMING TV next door. Walls are paper thin. I get up every 10-15 minutes to switch the heater on from high hot to high cool to drowned out some of the noise. It's bad. And the mattresses... as mentioned in other reviews, they are rock hard. When I first sat on the bed I was surprised, it was like sitting on a wooden chair, they really are rock hard. Also,the TV, believe it or not it's a 24" to 26" TV -- I didn't know they made TVs that small. Strange....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank P M
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at ExtendedStay America Reno - South Meadows. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Woodbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel was clean and modern, a great choice for the convenience of fully equipped kitchen facilities and location. I liked being out of the bustle of downtown and close to more suburban shopping choices for groceries and restaurants. The room was updated and clean with nice bedding, a Signature Queen studio, but not spacious. No breakfast provided, but that is why you have your own kitchen and refrigerator! We stayed only one night, so their policy of one $4.99 payment for internet access per stay was not to our advantage, I wish they would give one nighters a break on that. The room price was a very good one for the Reno area on the date we stayed, we would have had to go to Carson City to get as good a deal as here. The space was ok for two people, if we were really doing an extended stay it may have been cramped. Good choice for one person in town for business, though.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

Just a really friendly well priced Hotel with excellent Hotel Rooms for the traveller who likes a self contained style room.

Nothing was a problem, The Hotel is close to a number of bars, dining and shopping facilities. Less than an hours drive to Tahoe/Squaw valley it remains a much more affordable stay even when you take into account petrol to get to the snow. Tahoe was near $300/night and that doesn't include any ski tow fees.

You get 30% off your ski tow fees as a special offer. It makes sense , why spend more money when you don't have to - and you stay in a place that is like home and you feel part of the family. I will be recommending this Hotel to my travel agent!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Scott252
Havelock, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the past few years and will choose it again if I need to be in that part of Reno. I like this option instead of a casino. The rooms are spacious enough for me as a business traveler. I like being able to use the kitchenette instead of eating out all the time. The recliner is a nice touch too along with a table and chairs and a desk.

The location is close to the freeway and shopping. There are nice laundry facilities on the premises and some vending machines. You can ask for a mattress topper at the front desk since the mattresses are REALLY hard. The front desk will also supply dish detergent, hair dryers and some other necessities if you forgot them. Wi-Fi will cost $4.99 for the duration of your stay whether it is for one night or longer. It should be free, but that one time charge isn't too bad and the connectivity is excellent.

I think my only gripe about this property is there are no automatic entrance doors. Whether you are pulling your luggage along or using the luggage buggy provided in the lobby, the two sets of doors are difficult to maneuver through.

The staff is very friendly - especially Kam and Sonia.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SharonB2
ktbug147
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

Yet another wonderful stay at the Extended Stay. Its always clean, inside and out, a nice home away from home. Last time I stayed here I slept really well, but for some reason this time I could not. It seemed like the beds were harder. They offer mattress toppers and really I wish I took them up on it.

The other issue I had, though it didn't affect my stay, some of the stations on the tv didnt work well. Really other than that, no issues at all.

Front staff is fantastically friendly and explained everything we needed to know about our stay.

I would recommend this anyone coming to Reno.

Room Tip: I always spend the couple extra bucks for the comfort suites. fancier linens on bed and a leather r...