“Good hotel, decent price, comforts of home”

Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel was clean and modern, a great choice for the convenience of fully equipped kitchen facilities and location. I liked being out of the bustle of downtown and close to more suburban shopping choices for groceries and restaurants. The room was updated and clean with nice bedding, a Signature Queen studio, but not spacious. No breakfast provided, but that is why you have your own kitchen and refrigerator! We stayed only one night, so their policy of one $4.99 payment for internet access per stay was not to our advantage, I wish they would give one nighters a break on that. The room price was a very good one for the Reno area on the date we stayed, we would have had to go to Carson City to get as good a deal as here. The space was ok for two people, if we were really doing an extended stay it may have been cramped. Good choice for one person in town for business, though.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Just a really friendly well priced Hotel with excellent Hotel Rooms for the traveller who likes a self contained style room.

Nothing was a problem, The Hotel is close to a number of bars, dining and shopping facilities. Less than an hours drive to Tahoe/Squaw valley it remains a much more affordable stay even when you take into account petrol to get to the snow. Tahoe was near $300/night and that doesn't include any ski tow fees.

You get 30% off your ski tow fees as a special offer. It makes sense , why spend more money when you don't have to - and you stay in a place that is like home and you feel part of the family. I will be recommending this Hotel to my travel agent!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott252
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the past few years and will choose it again if I need to be in that part of Reno. I like this option instead of a casino. The rooms are spacious enough for me as a business traveler. I like being able to use the kitchenette instead of eating out all the time. The recliner is a nice touch too along with a table and chairs and a desk.

The location is close to the freeway and shopping. There are nice laundry facilities on the premises and some vending machines. You can ask for a mattress topper at the front desk since the mattresses are REALLY hard. The front desk will also supply dish detergent, hair dryers and some other necessities if you forgot them. Wi-Fi will cost $4.99 for the duration of your stay whether it is for one night or longer. It should be free, but that one time charge isn't too bad and the connectivity is excellent.

I think my only gripe about this property is there are no automatic entrance doors. Whether you are pulling your luggage along or using the luggage buggy provided in the lobby, the two sets of doors are difficult to maneuver through.

The staff is very friendly - especially Kam and Sonia.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SharonB2
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Yet another wonderful stay at the Extended Stay. Its always clean, inside and out, a nice home away from home. Last time I stayed here I slept really well, but for some reason this time I could not. It seemed like the beds were harder. They offer mattress toppers and really I wish I took them up on it.

The other issue I had, though it didn't affect my stay, some of the stations on the tv didnt work well. Really other than that, no issues at all.

Front staff is fantastically friendly and explained everything we needed to know about our stay.

I would recommend this anyone coming to Reno.

Room Tip: I always spend the couple extra bucks for the comfort suites. fancier linens on bed and a leather r...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I had no problem with this hotel it was clean modren and excellent for the price.
the only porblem was that I bok it with hotels.com I asked for a Non smoking room and they tried to give me a smoking room. I you book through hotels.com or expedia make sure you are getting non smoking or smoking room by calling ahead to the hotel and confirming your preferance. again hotel was not at fault. The only negative item I have is the walls are thin you can hear the people above you walking around. Make sure to get a second floor room to avoid this.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business