All reviews typical courtyard total wine shopping within walking distance front desk casino scene room was very clean and comfortable convention center business trip location is great truckee river floor room nice hotel hotel is located downtown area next morning parking garage sushi
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We are Marriott Rewards members, and this hotel just isn’t up to the standards we’ve experienced at other Courtyard properties. We didn’t have any big, earth-shattering issue, but at almost every turn there were things that would maybe be forgivable by themselves but added up to an annoying stay for a hotel at this price point. The person who checked us in acted irritated to have to serve us. The towel rack fell off the wall when a single towel was placed on it. The pool is the size of a large hot tub and had no towels available until we asked for them to be restocked. The air conditioning is noisy. We deliberately chose a suite with a pullout sofabed for our son, and when we tried to open it, we discovered it was entirely broken beyond any possible use (something the maintenance worker said had been true “for a long time”). The suite has a long hallway leading to the front door, and housekeeping walked in on me naked when I did not hear their soft knock on the door.

Everyone was plenty apologetic for most of the above, but at some point, you just want a smooth stay and not apologies.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Emily R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Reno, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Oh my goodness we are so disappointed to hear that your stay with us was anything near what you've shared. We take pride in taking care of our guests and I am just so sorry that we fell short of that during your trip. I want you to know that we take seriously these items mentioned. I would love the opportunity to talk more about your stay and try to make things right! I can be reached at 775.851.8300, please call me anytime!

Reviewed 19 July 2018

We came in hot from Los Angeles...a bit of a drive heading back home to Idaho after a week traveling ~ Spring Break'18. Needed a room for one night and took off at an exit entering Reno and stopped at a parking lot. Checked out Hotels.com and booked a room literally across from where we had stopped. Easy parking and quick check in. Kids a bit disappointed in the very tiny pool...which was already filled with kids. Looked more like a "big" hot tub. This being said, the room was clean and quiet. Comfy beds and the staff was friendly. We slept in, and as we were ready to leave I wanted to grab a quick Starbucks for the drive, but they were closed. A member of the hotel staff spotted me over by the coffee-bar, and came over and poured me a cup, and said it was on the house. Very nice! Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Nice property with always friendly staff. Ask for a room away from the highest. It's in an outdoor mall area so easy walking to restaurants and shops. There's an outdoor seating area that's a nice place to spend a while in the evening.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Emily R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Reno, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us! We agree the courtyard is such a pleasant place to unwind. Please visit us again soon! We love having you with us!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Good Courtyard right near numerous shopping stores to the south of the main drag. Courteous staff and room was quite good (however, there was only one trashcan in the entire room). Easy to get to and from.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My family stayed here one night on our way to California. The hotel is in a nice location and was clean and well kept. My kids were a bit disappointed by the small size of the pool but still enjoyed it.
The beds and pillows were super comfortable in the room. The entertainment console could be updated since the flat screen sits on top and the fridge now sits were the old tube tv used to be. The room had a small sofa that converted into a bed which was a very nice option.
Had a few issues with WiFi and the calling down to the front desk so I had to make a personal visit but they were helpful and resolved the problem.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family