“Nice spot for lunch and dinner ”
Review of Naan & Kabab

Naan & Kabab
Ranked #27 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Naan & Kabab, we would like to think of our dishes as a culinary journey -- a chance to get away during the time you join us for your meal. Lamb Shish Kabab and Rack of Lamb Kabab grilled to perfection (all lamb is Halal). Exotic spices and seasonings that make your mouth water and your tongue dance. Creamy and comforting hummus paired with delightfully fluffy naan bread. Juicy and steamy vegetables fresh off of the grill. Our passion is capturing all of the excitement and romance of Mediterranean food in every bite. Naan & Kabab is a fantastic place for friends to meet, to celebrate moments with your closest loved ones, or for a great meal, guaranteed, any night of the week. Just to be sure you have the best experience with us, please call ahead for exact closing times in case we have to close earlier due to weather. We look forward to serving you our famous hummus, falafel, gyros, and kababs!
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We came for lunch and it was first time for us to try the food. Our food were good and we liked it. I also ordered the tea and it was good too. Price was ok not too expensive. It was reasonable.

Management response:Responded 6 April 2017

It sounds like you enjoyed everything from our tea, to service, and prices too, Tina! Since you had such a wonderful first visit, I'd love to know -- how could we earn that fifth star from you next time?

Hope to find out,
Chef Maurice, Owner

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Naan & Kabab

Reviewed 9 March 2017

We really wanted to get away from the Peppermill Hotel just across the street and decided to try this restaurant for lunch. The chicken kebabs cam with rice and vegetables. The skewers were all chicken breast and well prepared. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Management response:Responded 10 March 2017

I'm so happy you had the chance to try our chicken kebabs while you were in town! It was our pleasure serving you -- here's hoping you'll join us again the next time you find yourself in Reno.

Safe travels,

Reviewed 8 March 2017

If you enjoy Persian food you need to give this place a try. The staff is friendly and eager to explain the dishes and offer recommendations. We had the koobedeh combo platter and the Istanbul Polo and both were excellent. Also the ice cream flavored with rose water is a must try dessert.

Management response:Responded 10 March 2017

I'm thrilled you had the chance to try our koobedeh platter and akbar mashdi' ice cream, Theodore -- you've got great taste! I can't wait for you to join us again soon -- I'm sure we'll make it an all the more memorable visit.

Have a wonderful week,

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I saw the review on Trip advisor, and we decided to try it out. I agree with the previous review the beef koboodeh is great tasting and very soft, my husband ordered the prawn kabob and it's good but for my taste it needs a a little bit of salt, but that just me. I tried to order the baklava but they were outdo it @ 5pm, Too bad. This place is definitely one I will come back to with my kids next time. I wish I met the cook & owner.

Management response:Responded 8 March 2017

I'm thrilled you had the chance to check our place out -- I would have loved to meet you as well, and I'm looking forward to doing just that during your next visit! We'll make sure the baklava's stocked and a salt shaker's at the ready.

See you then,

Reviewed 4 March 2017

This restaurant sits directly across the street from the Peppermill Hotel/Casino. Looks kind of funky from the outside; but is clean and attractively appointed on the inside. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Regarding alcohol, they serve beer and wine only with a reasonably priced wine list. We started with the hummus sampler which included regular hummus, hummus with roasted red pepper, hummus with cilantro and jalapeno pepper, baba ganoush and a roasted tomato salsa. It was fabulous. This alone was worth the visit. My wife ordered the steak kebab with roasted vegetables with a small Greek side salad instead of rice. The kebab and roasted vegetables were excellent. The steak was cooked perfectly and was very tender and tasty. The salad was another story. It was over dressed and way too vinegary for our taste. All we could taste was vinegar. I ordered the kabab koobideh (ground beef and lamb mixture) with roasted vegetables and basmati saffron rice. Excellent except for the rice. The rice as either under cooked or dried out. The grains were hard and it was not seasoned well. It was bland. I ate a couple of bites and passed on the rest. Next time, I will substitute a Greek salad with a different dressing and the dressing on the side for the rice. Considering all the naan and hummus we ate, we don't need the carbs anyway. Overall, we were happy with our meal and will definitely go back.

Management response:Responded 7 March 2017

I'm glad you enjoyed your first meal with us, Bill! It sounds like you've got your next visit planned out as well. We hope you'll give our fluffy and flavorful rice another try while you're here -- it's a real hit! I'll be looking forward to learning how you find everything next time.

Until then,