“Pretty Darn Good”

Ranked #25 of 953 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Naan & Kabab, we would like to think of our dishes as a culinary journey -- a chance to get away during the time you join us for your meal. Lamb Shish Kabab and Rack of Lamb Kabab grilled to perfection (all lamb is Halal). Exotic spices and seasonings that make your mouth water and your tongue dance. Creamy and comforting hummus paired with delightfully fluffy naan bread. Juicy and steamy vegetables fresh off of the grill. Our passion is capturing all of the excitement and romance of Mediterranean food in every bite. Naan & Kabab is a fantastic place for friends to meet, to celebrate moments with your closest loved ones, or for a great meal, guaranteed, any night of the week. Just to be sure you have the best experience with us, please call ahead for exact closing times in case we have to close earlier due to weather. We look forward to serving you our famous hummus, falafel, gyros, and kababs!
Reviewed 4 March 2017

This restaurant sits directly across the street from the Peppermill Hotel/Casino. Looks kind of funky from the outside; but is clean and attractively appointed on the inside. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Regarding alcohol, they serve beer and wine only with a reasonably priced wine list. We started with the hummus sampler which included regular hummus, hummus with roasted red pepper, hummus with cilantro and jalapeno pepper, baba ganoush and a roasted tomato salsa. It was fabulous. This alone was worth the visit. My wife ordered the steak kebab with roasted vegetables with a small Greek side salad instead of rice. The kebab and roasted vegetables were excellent. The steak was cooked perfectly and was very tender and tasty. The salad was another story. It was over dressed and way too vinegary for our taste. All we could taste was vinegar. I ordered the kabab koobideh (ground beef and lamb mixture) with roasted vegetables and basmati saffron rice. Excellent except for the rice. The rice as either under cooked or dried out. The grains were hard and it was not seasoned well. It was bland. I ate a couple of bites and passed on the rest. Next time, I will substitute a Greek salad with a different dressing and the dressing on the side for the rice. Considering all the naan and hummus we ate, we don't need the carbs anyway. Overall, we were happy with our meal and will definitely go back.

Management response:Responded 7 March 2017

I'm glad you enjoyed your first meal with us, Bill! It sounds like you've got your next visit planned out as well. We hope you'll give our fluffy and flavorful rice another try while you're here -- it's a real hit! I'll be looking forward to learning how you find everything next time.

Until then,
Chef Maurice, Owner

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Parking is adequate. The property is small and noise level is high. Reception is very professional and friendly. It is very clean. The menu is exciting. Had the humus sampler. Sooo....... Gooooooood. Had the halibut with the lamb. Truly an outstanding experience. I would give it 4 1/2 if I could.

Management response:Responded 27 February 2017

It sounds like our hummus sampler won your favor, Edward! I'm happy that and the halibut were right up your alley. Thanks for the feedback regarding our parking area too. I hope you'll join us again very soon for a truly five-star experience.

Looking forward to it,

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Disgusting, And very gross. Hard to touch food. Please don't take your family to eat here. Not clean.

1  Thank Savanahrae
Management response:Responded 10 May 2017

We've been voted the number-one restaurant in Reno based on 1,800 reviews with an average 4.5 rating. I'm sorry you didn't have a delicious and enjoyable time here, Savanahrae. If you'd reached out to our staff regarding any part of your meal, we would have been happy to make sure every dish was just right. I can assure you, we operate with the highest safety and health regulations in place. We're confident that if you return, you will leave with the same feeling and experience our previous customers have had.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Had a good experience, good food and good service, close to the little Reno theater friendly owner. Lots of great choices on the menu.

Management response:Responded 7 February 2017

I'm thrilled your experience with us went so well, Larry! I hope you'll join us again next time you're in town.

Until then,

Reviewed 18 January 2017

So I was visiting my daughter and wanted to try something different to eat, we found this very cute and cozy place.We had the house Hummus for an appetizer, which was very good and fairly priced. I had the Kabab Koobedeh for my entree and it was delicious, my daughter had the Falafel Plate and she enjoyed it as well.I would recommend this restaurant anyone. I will be sure and visit again on my next visit to Reno NV.

Management response:Responded 21 January 2017

I'm so happy you and your daughter enjoyed your meal -- thanks for coming by! Hope you'll both be back again soon.

Safe travels,