Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswashers and dryersbedroom suiteexercise roomyogurtextended staylake tahoebusiness centerneeded a place to stayshort drivevolleyball tournamentcontinental breakfastdowntown areavirginia citygreat place to staydishwasherlaundryreceptions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2012

What my husband and I were looking for: A hotel away from downtown & casinos, a comfortable & quiet location with easy access to different parts of the city, and free wi-fi.

Pros: We got all that we were looking for plus some. Quiet atmosphere, comfortable bed and pillows, refrigerator, electric stove, bar-b-que pit and location. There is a Whole Foods just down the street so grilling out and cooking some of our own food was a huge plus. Proximity to outdoor Summit mall was another benefit.

Cons: Strange overly deodorized smell at times, but not overwhelming.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel was heated to 80+ degrees inside the hallways, lobby, and common areas which fed into the individual rooms. This would not be bothersome if our room air conditioning system was working. We checked in around 6:30pm and found our room #204 to be 78 degrees inside. Adjusted the A/C to 68 and went out to dinner. The room never cooled down. Complained to the check in person who informed us that they were experiencing several similular complaints regarding the air conditioning system and would get it fixed tomorrow. This solution did not solve our immediate need for a 1 night stay. Another thing we noticed in our 2 bedroom suite was the locations of the King and Queen beds. The King bed was in a room so small that it was only a few inches away from the window wall. There was no room for any person to walk by. The Queen bed was in a room that was really large. It was very obvious that the bed placements needed to be switched in this suite. The beds are very comfortable but without the ability to cool down the room that made no difference in getting a good nights sleep. The parking does not accomodate trucks with trailers. The breakfast buffet is very good. The suite kitchen is nice and stocked with the essentials. Given the abundance of hotels in Reno to choose from I would most likely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ingwerson123
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Ingwerson625,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the Air Conditioning issue you experienced. We did indeed have a problem that took a couple days to completely repair. With the extreme heat we have seen in Reno for some time now, I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We were very happy first when we first arrived at the hotel. New interior finishes, spacious room, functional kitchen, free laundry, indoor pool, nice staff, complimentary breakfast, sundowner reception Tue. to Thu. evenings, and free DVD rental from the hotel library.

When we spent more time in the hotel, we found things we didn't like one by one. The room door did not really close when you close the door. You have to PUSH/PULL THE DOOR to close it. You can not just let it close by itself. Not a big issue though. Just have to pay special attention to the door every time we go in or out the room.

NO housekeeping during weekends. 1 star minus. We were surprised that a big hotel tried to save money from the basic service.

There was only a shower head in the shower stall. No bathtub or faucet at a lower position. The water sprayed on my kid's face all the time when I tried to give her a shower. She was very upset and finally I had to cover her face with a towel to finish this shower. No problem for adults but for young kid, I tried to turn the shower head into different direction still no way to avoid the water spray. 1 star minus for family with young kids.

Then we found there was a HUGE space planning defect if you stay here with your family. The sink is literally in the way of the bathroom door. Always traffic jams when 1 of us in the bathroom trying to get out and another one using the sink. Big problem especially in the morning. No problem if you travel alone. But for family, really bothersome. 1 star minus again.

So if I were in my business trip and traveled alone, I would give 4 star for the review. And I would come again and recommend it to my friends. Unfortunately this time we were a family with a young kid, these inconveniences made us turn to other hotels next time we come to Reno.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Reno Nevada, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear SFvicki,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory for family with children. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is a great place to stay period! I admit it is a little south of the airport and further south of Reno but closer to Lake Tahoe and only 3 stoplights form the freeway. To us it was one clean well maintained hotel. A nice hearty breakfast every morning was available. Then too there was a social hour Tuesday through Thursday evenings with different snacks and draft beer! Our suite had one very comfortable king size bed. Basically it had everything you would want in a studio room even though we hardly took advantage of it. I might add there was a large grocery store a short 5 minute drive away in case you wish to "dig in" for a while. The staff is great too. All in all we were highly impressed and agree that it is worth going out of your way. We would book there again without a doubt!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Our 3 night stay in April 2012 was very good. Studio suite was perfect for the 2 of us. Clean when we got there and daily tidy service is just right. Breakfast choices were healthy and fresh. Dinner not so healthy choices, but probably great for families with kids ie: hotdogs, chips etc. Love that the laundry is free, all machines were in good working order and clean. Pool/hot tub/fitness room all clean and in good working order. I would look for Staybridge Suites when traveling again. Great value for the services received.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple