“Great hotel and casino!”

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel and casino!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012 via mobile

The Peppermill was a beautiful place to stay. We left once in our three days to go to downtown Reno. We are from Wyoming and did not enjoy the homeless and beggars downtown. We spent all our time at the peppermill, minus the one hour downtown, and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Reno!

Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,953)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Antioch, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Pros: The Tuscany Tower is the way to go! This part of the hotel is the newer portion and as the name implies the hotel makes you feel like you are in Italy. The pool, gym, and the Toscana Spa AWESOME! (please see my separate review for the Toscana Spa) The room is nicely decorated and spacious with a huge bathroom; the bed was really comfortable; and overall it was a good room not great due to some misses.

Cons: The one thing we expected from our room was to have a separate soaking tub. When we found out our room did not include a tub we clarified with the front desk. It turns out NOT all rooms in the Tuscany Tower have soaking tubs (despite what the room description states online). Also the room lacked robes, slippers, and vanity chairs in the bathroom which I think for a room with this caliber should have. Lastly, we found some stain/s on the drinking glasses.
Overall, the room was good but we think it could have been better and could have included what I stated above given the price we paid.

The Tuscany Tower at the Peppermill Hotel was very nice given it's in Reno. For the casino portion you have to walk towards the Peppermill portion. Also, we found the restaurants at the hotel to be pricey - I guess we were expecting $5.99 meals and more bang for our buck but ended up paying $20-$30 for lunch and dinner meals that's very similar to Denny's and not including desserts. But we would go back and stay at the Tuscany Tower again if we were to visit Reno because the rooms are nice and mainly because of the Spa Toscana which is a must do when you are staying at this hotel!

Room Tip: It turns out NOT all rooms in the Tuscany Tower have soaking tubs (despite what the room description...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SanMiguelgrl
Castro Valley, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I totally enjoyed my stay at the Peppermill so much that every time I go to Reno, this is where I will stay! I totally took advantage of everything there was to take advantage of! The room was excellent, the casino floor was awesome, the Kids Arcade could of used more updated games, the buffet was to die for, Cafe Milano was great for an early morning breakfast and wait, the SPA, "Spa Toscana" is an A+++ in my book! Everyone there was so wonderful! All the staff from check in to check out was on it! I will always stay here! But like I said "Spa Toscana" is a must!!!

Room Tip: Spa Toscana is a Must!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Trip Advisor asked if I would like to offer a review of the Peppermill ... however I have to say the last time I stayed there was before all of their construction and improvements.

That being said, I would rate this hotel / casino five stars. The rooms are quite roomy and comfortable, food in the restaurants is excellent, and the service is superior. I have stayed there numerous times in the past, and always found the rooms to be clean, well vacuumed, and the housekeeping services superior.

Room Tip: The only drawback is this hotel is not in downtown Reno ... it borders Sparks, Nevada and is about 1...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I would just like to say I had a great time at the Peppermill Reno! I stayed in one of the Tuscany Patio Suites (The Patio sits by the pool, so if you want to relax in nice weather I wouldn't recommend because it would definitely be noisy) which was absolutely top notch and luxurious. The gaming was good, but not great. Not because I didn't win, but because the slots didn't allow good value for your gaming dollar. Also, almost everything is pennies (granted you can wager a lot of money in pennies, but it seems the only time you get bonus rounds, etc is if you are betting 40 cents or so which obviously keeps payouts *very* low). I will list what I considered pros and cons:

Pros:

The drapes in the suite were incredible! Blocking out almost all light and providing great privacy. The lighting in the suite was the best I've ever seen... plenty of it, and almost all lights could be dimmed. The thermostat in the room was superb! No need to worry about changing from A/C to Heat. It is digital and you set the thing where you want it and it stays there, adding heat or A/C as needed to keep the temp... and the unit was extremely quiet! The staff at the Resort is incredible! I was treated fairly and professionally by every single team member I came into contact with. Questions were answered promptly and concerns addressed instantly. The water pressure in the room was amazing and when you want hot water it is hot right now. The Shower has two shower heads which was great... and they had good pressure. The ammenities (soaps, etc) smelled great and were of high quality. The mini-bar was stocked with pretty much anything someone would need in a pinch. The prices seemed very fair to me (for a mini-bar) even though I did not choose to use any of them. The in-room safe was large and allowed me to store my laptop inside. The room was one of the cleanest I've ever seen. All in all, this suite was worth the price and I would have gladly paid more. I'm not sure what the other suites are like at this property, but I would stay in a Tuscany Suite again in a heart beat. The buffet was very good and the service for a buffet was superb! A server named Natalie is probably the finest buffet server I have ever had, anticipating needs and very attentive to all of her guests. Oh, the beds, bedding and pillows were great!

Cons:

There were definitely some things that were not great: Soundproofing... I could hear (word for word) what the people in the room next to mine were saying. There is also about a 2" gap under the door so you can hear people talking in the hallway also. The in-room coffee (which is a nice little bonus) was of really poor quality. The remote controls for the TV's in the Bedroom and the Bathroom were useless. I just said to heck with it. The menus on the TVs are so confusing and it is almost impossible to select anything anyway no matter how many times or how hard you push the buttons on the remotes. ARGH! The "free" Wifi was about the worst of anywhere I've ever been. If you could get a good signal it was slow and poor quality. Luckily if you have a 4G phone with Tethering capability you can use that (which I did) because 4G signal is relatively good in the rooms and throughout the property.

All in all this was a great place in Reno. In fact, after my first night I opted to stay for another night. I highly recommend the Peppermill Reno!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you for your nice review of the Peppermill. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed our very popular Tuscany Tower patio suite. You are absolutely right that these rooms are “top notch and luxurious”. We are underway with the installation of “door sweeps” that will automatically seal the bottom of our doors to the floor when the door is closed. This will greatly improve the soundproofing of all of our hotel rooms.

Our television entertainment system is also being upgraded soon. Please do not hesitate to call our front desk if you have any issues operating this system. We would be happy to help guide you through the entertainment menus. We have just upgraded to a very fast and efficient WIFI network with download speeds up to 7 mbps. Based on the device you are using, we can help create the best connection for you if you are having issues with the internet. Again, do not hesitate to call as we have technical assistance 24/7 on property.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We are very happy that you chose to stay another night with us and that you “highly recommend” the Peppermill.