“Unique and interesting”
Review of Calafuria

Calafuria
Ranked #175 of 1,016 Restaurants in Reno
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We came for a birthday dinner and we're impressed with the variety on the menu. We ate too much, but enjoyed all the items. I wouldn't know authentic from "regular" Italian, but I thought it was a lovely evening

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Incredible find in old downtown Reno. A converted brick house is now an incredible Tuscan style restaurant. I am hard to please, I admit. I can cook almost anything so when I find a place like this, I must highly recommend it. We got the tasting course menu- charcuterie, homemade sausage in tomato sauce, delicious mushroom ravioli, fish course, duck and then to to it off, panna cotta with what seemed like a melt in your mouth raspberry gremolata. Will definitely go back. My only disappointment was no coffee or espresso available due to issue w/grinder? Should be corrected.

2  Thank Julie E
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant. I love Italy and Italian food. This was a bit disappointing for me. We had a french chardonnay, which was very god, but there are lots of Italian wines that would have been nice to have with our meal. The bruschetta was simple with fresh tomatoes, basil and olive oil. My favorite dish of the evening. I had the salmon, it was just salmon. I ordered it cooked through and it was dry, so that could be my fault. My husband and friend had the chicken ravioli. It was different with a sage foam and homemade ravioli. It was nice, but not spectacular. I had the aspargus soup, served cold with a mascarpone cheese. It was quite bland and not impressive. Our server Brand was very nice and did a good job.

Given that we have La Strada, Le Veccechia and Johnny's I have to say this restaurant cannot compare for me.

1  Thank Blind-Traveler1
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Really enjoyed the welcome at this restaurant on Center Street. It was all freshly prepared, service was attentive and the selection large. The chef is a gem and they even came out to make sure we enjoyed our meals.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Small group of 7 business associates, we had a great time. The service and stories from Michelle were excellent. Love the menu and food. Would definitely recommend and go back when in town.