“A touch overrated”

Charlie Palmer Steak Reno
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlie Palmer Steak Reno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 959 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jensen Street
Description: Charlie Palmer Steak Reno in the Grand Sierra Resort is a study in contemporary contrasts, from blonde wooden walls enhanced by mica and leather accents, to midnight blue, deep terracotta and espresso texture fabrics, and stylish booths, featuring natural grain faux leather baguettes, with floor-to-ceiling stretched fabric panels, creating a Mondrian effect. Showing his culinary diversity, Executive Chef Dave Holman, who oversees all the Palmer Grand Sierra Resort restaurants, skillfully mixes the past, present, and future in neo-traditional renditions of steak houses classics, like Pan Seared Sea Scallops & Crispy House Bacon with tangerine marmalade and poultry jus. Charlie Palmer Steak Reno is imaginative resort dining topped off with just the right amount of finesse.
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I'm a foodie from Las Vegas & I can fully vouch for Charlie Palmer Steak in Las Vegas. However, I just don't feel like this version of the restaurant in Reno is nearly as good. The ambience is not appealing & the food was not up to the same level either. I was there on a busy Tuesday night & my service was ok but I personally would not go back here because it is too expensive to not be 100% perfect.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Charlie Palmer Steakhouse. Our server and her helpers were wonderful; the piano bar music was a great touch. This does not feel like your typical restaurant inside of a casino; much more intimate. Loved it all the way around.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Disappointed that I ordered a steak fillet and it was the only thing on the plate. Could have used some colorful veggies on the side. Everything is a la carte.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

My sister took me to Charlie Palmer's for my birthday on the 4th of July. We had reservations and had the restaurant pretty much to ourselves. First we had cocktails and when I ordered a French 75 our waitress wasn't sure if the bar tender knew how to make it. I was sure either but when she brought it to me it was perfect! I started out with the mixed green salad with a balsamic vinegar dressing on the side. It was made with butter lettuce and the dressing was very thick and delicious. Then for the main course I had the halibut - yes, I always order fish at a steak house because if they are any good they will have the best seafood. I was right. The halibut was fantastic! My husband and brother in law had the steak (fillet mignon) with a sauce on the side. The waitress, Angelina, was very attentive and brought out more sauces than they ordered so they could find the one they liked. The reduction sauce was the best. She also brought out a flourless chocolate cake with a candle to celebrate my birthday at no extra charge. It too was delicious! Overall, it was one of the best dinners I have ever had and I have eaten in restaurants on 4 different continents.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The customer service was excellent , he made sure our drinks were always full. The food was on time and great quality .